Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

KZ1000 carbs on a KZ650? 14 Jun 2006 13:24 #54507

• craigpuckett
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Steel;
this is news to me and worth writing down,thanks for the info.

I do remember puting the carbs(750/1000) spigot to spigot and the spacing was the same so I thought the spigot size would be the same too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZ1000 carbs on a KZ650? 15 Jun 2006 07:31 #54628

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
Steve, I personally use J model type carb holders (intake manifolds) on one of my test bikes that I test BS34 and CV34 carbs. The J model holders need to have the mount holes elongated to fit the KZ900 or KZ1000 (1015cc) head. The spacing on those heads for mounting carb holds is the same. The BS34s from a ZX750A (83-85) GPz are the idential same size OD on both ends as the J model 1981 KZ1000J type carbs as well as all the other variations that use the J motor. The cop bike also uses the J motor and is included. The KZ1100 ALSO uses BS34s that are identical in size. The main difference in BS34s are the slide cut outs, air jets, jet needle/needle jet and of course, the pilot and main jets. SOME BS34s have cross passageways for picking up gas and some don't; the ones with the cross passage use plugs on the pilot well. The smaller bikes (750s) come with smaller mains than do the larger 998cc/1100cc bikes but need almost as large mains when rejetted for pods and the smaller bikes are far more sensitive for jetting changes in the pilot circuit than the larger bikes for some reason. I have done over 100 sets of BS34s in the past year and am getting disgustingly familiar with them bwhahaha

nosxiH - If you need professional carb help, see my web site as I am not on this site to do business. thanks! www.wgcarbs.com There is a customer contact form and a vintage carb web forum where you can ask me what you like plus my contact info is available there.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: