• Page:

TOPIC:

runnin rich as h#@l 07 May 2006 00:49 #45628

• yamahonkawazuki
  • yamahonkawazuki's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
sbjones wrote:

the plugs that your talking about should fit tightly. check with z1 interprise, jeff is awsome to buy from.

did you check your advancer? i had the same thing and i lubed it. cured.

also check for any vacuum leaks

good luck

eh those plugs were as loose as worn p@##y, im leanin toward tthose, cause prob shows up at or around 4k rpm perhaps at other points but bogs down like all hell at that point but all jets and all passages are clear plus can smell it runnin rich too:woohoo:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

runnin rich as h#@l 07 May 2006 21:34 #45823

• yamahonkawazuki
  • User
cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1976-Kawasaki-KZ...temZ4637908577QQrdZ1

k my carbs look like these, can anyone lemme know the size of them etc so i can if needed lookinto perhaps a different set? thnaks ahead of time;)

runnin rich as h#@l 20 May 2006 22:00 #48790

• yamahonkawazuki
  • User
nayone? im wanting to ride soon lol riding is addictive. but until i get this repaired it stays put lol:angry:

runnin rich as h#@l 21 May 2006 08:48 #48845

• OKC_Kent
  • User
  • Thank you received: 20
I'm surprised no one has mentioned www.kz400.com Go and check it out, I'm sure the info you need is there.

Yes it's there, all the carb specs, jets, settings. Go to 'Workshop manual' , 'Non factory manual', page '784'

Post edited by: OKC_Kent, at: 2006/05/21 11:53
Oklahoma City, OK
78 KZ650 B2 82,000+ miles

runnin rich as h#@l 22 May 2006 22:27 #49355

• newbikekiller
  • User
I've never heard of anyone successfully changing over the 400's carbs to anything else. I went down that road before because I distrust CV style carbs for whatever reason. This is not to discourage you, I think a set of small smoothbores would be very cool on a 400. If I were you, I would look seriously into getting a set of carbs off an older 400/440. You will find that the later model carbs are much easier to find parts for, you can even get a rebuild kit off ebay pretty cheap for these models!

That being said, you can probably get those carbs working right, if your very careful.

Those plugs probably will not fit very tightly into there holes, at least mine didn't. They expand a lot when exposed to gasoline. If they are still loose after they have been soaking in a while in gas then it may be the problem.

Electrical problems can and will look like carburetor problems!

runnin rich as h#@l 25 May 2006 06:10 #49967

• TechAddict5610
  • User
Do you have anything in the vacinity of your air-intake that may be getting sucked up against it when you are opening your throttle? My brother had slid a t-shirt over the ratty seat on his '77 KZ 1000, and after several sets of wet plugs we happened to discover the problem after noticing that the bike ran fine with the seat Up! Just a Thought.

runnin rich as h#@l 30 May 2006 21:17 #51042

• yamahonkawazuki
  • User
nope sorry nothing anywhere near intake , ive got sanother question. ive read that i can make a plug for it/them, but i need to know what material to use. it has to be "fuel safe" ie not break down in gas lol:unsure:

• Page: