Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

new to choking my kz750 08 Mar 2006 15:00 #29437

• fergyfer
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Both of the kz's I've owned choked at crazy high rpms until I rebuilt/cleaned and adjusted the carbs (WG adjusted the carbs on my 95). Once they were adjusted and idle set correctly, they started with full choke at around 1200-1500 rpms, and I have been able to push the choke off usually in about 1-2 minutes, depending on temperature, and they both idled smooth at around 8-900.

The 95 starts with full choke at around 1500, but in just a few seconds it bogs down until I go to half choke, where it runs pretty smooth at around 1200 until I take the choke off completely, usually within a minute or two.

My thoughts are that when a bike is tuned well, it should act like mine does, but I've only owned two of them so maybe my experience isn't broad enough...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

new to choking my kz750 08 Mar 2006 19:06 #29509

• Alex_KZ1K
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
I still have to tune my freshly cleaned and rebuilt carbs, this will be one thing I will address now as well. I had no idea there was any sort of adjustment. Thanks!

new to choking my kz750 09 Mar 2006 15:58 #29681

• valikkool
  • valikkool's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
i adjusted my throttle and it was low it was idleing with choke about 900 before i changed it to about 12- 1300 ill try and fill out my profile and get i picture of my bike without the huge pool of oil that lays underneath it from the owner before using gasket seal poorly thanks

new to choking my kz750 09 Mar 2006 18:22 #29704

• Alex_KZ1K
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
valikkool wrote:

ill try and fill out my profile and get i picture of my bike without the huge pool of oil that lays underneath it from the owner before using gasket seal poorly thanks

Just park it on the grass like I did! :laugh:

• Page: