Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Engine crane adapter 28 Jul 2021 20:13 #852754

• Saablord
  • Saablord's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 59
I needed an easy way to swap out a 650 motor in my turbo bike so I made my own version of the ones found in this thread: kzrider.com/forum/2-engine/615986-engine-removal#849410

I did not like the plate version as it will place a lot of stress on the intake bolt nearest the vertical bit of metal. I made a 1.5" square tube frame and then welded a plate with the intake bolt pattern to that. i used a 1/2" shackle from menards for the hook which had a 5/8 bolt.

The tubes are lengths of 13.5" (across the intake), 10.5" (vertical), 8.4375" (top).

Plate drawings. DXF cut files in the zip attached.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: letthegoodtimesroll, DOHC, Street Fighter LTD, Mikaw, Scirocco, Wookie58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Saablord.

Engine crane adapter 01 Apr 2023 08:03 #882263

• Rick H.
  • User
  • Thank you received: 254
Very nice engine crane adapter you made.  It obviously took a bit of engineering and work to make it.  I have one of the flat plate adapters that a forum member made up for me and it works well for its intended purpose.  You just have to make sure it is bolted up properly and you are all set.  If I was doing engine jobs on a routine basis I would no doubt look at doing up an adapter like you have, but for once-in-a-blue-moon situations the flat plate is fine.

Rick H.
Rick H.

1977 Kawasaki KZ-1000A1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: