Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Problems Splitting My Case 05 Nov 2006 20:59 #89906

• Kellen79_650
  • Kellen79_650's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I am rebuilding a kz650 and I have the engine stripped down and by all accounts am ready to split the case. Only problem is, it won't budge. I followed the steps in the strip down tutorial, all bolts holding it together are out. I don't know if I am just missing something obvious or there is a trick to it. Any ideas? Here are two pictures if they help.
"In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs NOTHING to be a Patriot."

~Mark Twain
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Problems Splitting My Case 05 Nov 2006 21:00 #89907

• Kellen79_650
  • User
"In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs NOTHING to be a Patriot."

~Mark Twain
Attachments:

Problems Splitting My Case 05 Nov 2006 22:00 #89920

• nads.com
  • User
  • Thank you received: 20
I may be mistaken but I believe there are more bolts underneath the oil pan. Crankshaft bolts.

Problems Splitting My Case 05 Nov 2006 22:01 #89921

• Kellen79_650
  • User
Did a little more searching in the forum and I found out 2 more bolts were trying to hide from me under the oil pan. Sneaky little buggers aren't they? Problem solved!

~Mark Twain

Problems Splitting My Case 02 Dec 2006 14:05 #96829

• kzwolfsr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 16
Reminds me of the old days, well when I rebuilt my engine. There was a long screw in the back of the tranny and then I took a screw driver and wedged it in the back of the tranny where ther is this little slot and then there is another 2 slots, one on the left side in your pic right behind theoutput shaft where the front sprocket goes on and the next on the right in the clutch area above thatshaft thing that sticks out.
1979 KZ SR650, stock candy persimmon red and crossover pipes
1981 KZ 1000LTD with non stock and more comfortable handle bars and 4 into one V&H
Original man of the Caribbean

Problems Splitting My Case 02 Dec 2006 18:09 #96904

• larrycavan
  • Visitor
Kellen79_650 wrote:

Glad you solved the bolt issue....wanted to give you a huge thumbs up on the tag lines....Good to read them....Great to see more people coming out of the sleep this country has been in....Hope 07 is a great year for you and yours!

JMO

Larry C

• Page: