Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

White sludge what is it? 02 Oct 2006 15:56 #81250

• kzmarvo
  • kzmarvo's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I looked at the little window in my clutch cover and it looked white. So i pulled the oil plug under the bike and the oil was black. So then i pulled the clutch cover and the inside of the clutch cover was covered in white sludge what the hell is this stuff and is there something wrong with my bike? The sludge was so thick that i couldnt see what level my oil was! I wiped the inside of the cover down but the window is full of this white stuff, how do you clean these lil windows? Carb cleaner? Please help with some info if you know whats going on!:unsure:
Watch it folks,i have sticky fingers when it comes to a nice looking set of handle bars:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

White sludge what is it? 02 Oct 2006 16:03 #81253

• kawtoy
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
Likely just water and oil mix that has built up on the cover from condensation. Shouldn't be abything to worry about. All bikes get water in the oil. When the bike is run and gets hot the water burns off. If the bike is nor run long enough to get hot then the water can build up to be a problem. I clean my window with carb or brake cleaner. Just spray, rinse, spray again and keep going till it gets clean. Use the little tube that comes with the cleaner to shoot right into the little slot where the window is. Don't let the cleaner sit cause it will eat the rubber window seal. Just spray a few seconds and then rinse with water.
Harley Davidson- Turning gas into noise without the harmful affects of horsepower for over 100 years.

White sludge what is it? 02 Oct 2006 17:33 #81287

• kzmarvo
  • kzmarvo's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Ok cool thanks alot. I do alot of lil 5 10 minute short trips on my bike and i run the hell out of it.Maybe thats the water build up thing that i have. Anyways thanks for the info the lil window is clean as new.:P
Watch it folks,i have sticky fingers when it comes to a nice looking set of handle bars:)

• Page: