Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

going to finish it 04 Aug 2006 21:24 #67230

• sbjones
  • sbjones's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
well guys i have tried to sell my 650 street fighter project. so far every one just wants the parts off it,(front end, rear end. 1000 engine) nothing else. so i have decided to keep building this thing. !!!!!!!!!!! i am going to see this to the end. !!!!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

going to finish it 04 Aug 2006 21:29 #67232

• btchalice
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
never sell no one else will ever see what you see in it
Terry Meyer / Wichita KS
76 kz900 w/1000 motor TWZTD
I am not driving too fast, I'm flying too low.

going to finish it 05 Aug 2006 07:46 #67267

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
btchalice wrote:

never sell no one else will ever see what you see in it

I beg to differ, I wanted the whole thing, but I can't afford it. The price he was asking was less than it would have cost me to buy the parts, plus he has put a lot of work in it.
I support his decision to keep it and get it finished, I think he is well on the way to having a dynamite street fighter.
He is building the bike that I would build if I had the time and money to do :)
KD9JUR

going to finish it 06 Aug 2006 07:07 #67453

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
Alright, where's the photo?
In the 650 gallery? Or the 1000 gallery?

going to finish it 06 Aug 2006 08:58 #67464

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
KD9JUR

going to finish it 06 Aug 2006 18:59 #67578

• sbjones
  • User
well guys. the only way that i can finish this is to sell the 1000 engine and put my 750 engine into it. but hey. i will be finishing it!!!!!

then maybe i will sel it. ya know, so some one can ride it, i figure that is why no one has bought it. some one told me they didn't buy it becuase i was asking to much. try and buy the front end and the rear end complete with new bearings at a price like that. i think that it would be kind of hard.

going to finish it 06 Aug 2006 19:31 #67596

• wireman
  • Visitor
the price seems awfully reasonable to me considering all the parts and the work thats been done!B)

going to finish it 06 Aug 2006 23:18 #67669

• sbjones
  • User
wireman, that is what i thought, but i guess i was wrong!!!!! heck i have that much just into the front and the rear!!!!!!!!!!some one tried to pay me with a fake cashiers check (watch yourself guys, don't just check with your bank. call the bank that the cashiers check is from BEFORE you cash it!!!!!!!)

but now, i am going to finish this thing with a 750 then ride it and sell it. heck if no one wants it i may just keep the darn thing and put it on the track!! dang that is a great idea.!!!!!! B)

going to finish it 07 Aug 2006 15:07 #67833

• rstnick
  • User
  • Thank you received: 376
Well I'm glad it's going to be finished one way or another. I know you needed some cash, that's why you were going to sell in the first place, but it's no use if your just going to loose money on the sale.
Keep us posted on your progress, however long it takes.
Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

going to finish it 07 Aug 2006 15:33 #67838

• timber
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
yo steve! glad to hear you are going to finish it. i wish i could have picked it up from you. the parts alone where worth more than ya asked. plus that means we might be able to ride together.

if you ever need to move back up here come see me about a job!

later bro!

going to finish it 07 Aug 2006 19:21 #67908

• wireman
  • Visitor
sometimes ya just gotta put things on back burner ,just dont forget em!:P ive still got that first 31 ford i started restoring in junior high almost 30 years ago:blush: :P

going to finish it 07 Aug 2006 20:00 #67918

• agawam
  • User
if you sell a project be ready to see its demise, I have sold a few projects most got parted out by the new owner,some were hacked to death by some idiot who bought it, some were bought and forgotten, I had a 68 camaro at one time I restored the whole body with factory original parts, I had a complete set of new in the wrapper chrome for it, I was down to engine and tranny,which I had but not done yet, the whole suspention was new as was the rear end, new bumpers everything was there,well I came accross a real super deal on a corvette and grabbed it and then sold the camaro with no eng/trans to an idiot for 4500.00 he proceded to park it in his driveway on jackstands for 8 years with an ugly blue tarp over it and did nothing to it even though he had a brand new engine and tranny sitting 5 feet from it, he wouldn't sell it back to me either,one day I drove by and it was gone,the city made him get rid of it, don't know where it went he wasn't available for comment I worked like a dog on that car and missed it as soon as it was gone,and it killed me to see it rot in his driveway for all those years

Post edited by: agawam, at: 2006/08/07 23:01

• Page: