Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

exhaust 02 Aug 2006 12:28 #66723

• kyle
  • kyle's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I have an 82 gpz750, with only about 8400km on it. Unfortuately though, the exhaust is getting some small holes in it and it sounds as though the baffles are coming lose and shaking around and stuff in there. It doesn't sound terrible yet but its louder than it should be and it doesn't sound all that good.

So I have some questions. I have seen a mac 4-1 and a vance and hines 4-1 exhaust on the internet. The mac seems to run a bit cheaper and comes in black and chrome. I would prefer a black one. Does anyone have any experience with these? What do they sound like? are they typically louder than stock? Do you need to rejet your carbs or anything for an aftermarket exhaust?

Also i am from canada... so shipping may be a problem from some sites. I saw the other Canada thread in engine topic and a lot of people were pushing for z1 enterprise, but they only have the vance and hines chrome...

Any information or input is greatly appreciated, thx kyle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

exhaust 02 Aug 2006 13:33 #66727

• anarki650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
I have the Mac 4-1 on my 77 kz650 and I LOVE IT. It's a little louder than stock, but not obnoxiously so, and it has a great deep/throaty sound to it. I did rejet my carbs b/c I have the pipe and pod air filters on the bike. I'm up one size on the pilot jets and two sizes on the primaries and it runs like a top.
09 Kawasaki ER6n
77 kz650b1 cafe rebirth project
"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube, that's why God made fast motorcycles..."
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
Omaha NE

exhaust 02 Aug 2006 15:22 #66748

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
Last I heard, Jeff at Z1 Enterprises had stopped selling the Vance and Hines because the quality had really gone downhill.
KD9JUR

exhaust 02 Aug 2006 15:32 #66750

• jbw7300
  • User
  • you can't ride if your fried
  • Thank you received: 0
I have a 84 kz700 with the black mac 4 into 1, I personaly like this exhaust it sounds really good and is easy to keep clean, and the price was right, if you do get a mac exhaust DO NOT GET IT FROM EBAY!!!!!!! when i got my exhaust there was a paper in the box that said if this exhaust was purchased from ebay that mac would not warentee it for any reason
84 kz 700 a1 sports
Attachments:

exhaust 02 Aug 2006 17:28 #66778

• RomSpaceKnight
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
TRy looking at Hindle pipes. Canadian brand. Soundawesoe on Kawis. Lang Hindle road racd Kawis. Has a col sidewinder pipe too. Doubt the come cheaper than Macs.

• Page: