Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

1992 kz100p crank shaft inspection 15 Apr 2024 20:48 #897692

• Lpar
  • Lpar's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Just finished disassembling the engine on the police bike and have some questions on the crank shaft. All the main crankshaft bearings are good, but I'm concerned about the rod bearings. There appears to be a bit of a wobble to them, and not the side clearance, but a perceptible wobble on one or two of them. Is this the radial clearance described in the manual? I haven't put a dial indicator to it to check and see how far they're moving yet. I was checking the big end clearance by tapping on the top of the rod and there is a very small amount of movement felt but no metallic noise. It's hard to tell if the rod movement is up and down or side to side when I tap it. The bike was running before this, and there was bottom end noise but after tearing the engine down I found 2 of the 3 starter clutch bolts almost completely backed out, and the 3rd was broken, so that was definitely rattling around and making noise. If this crankshaft is bad, is it worth trying to find a used one on ebay? Or is it better to send it out?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1992 kz100p crank shaft inspection 16 Apr 2024 20:44 #897717

• daveo
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 636
Might check these specs while you're at it...
www.kzrider.com/forum/2-engine/618672-cr...tion?start=24#881883

1982 KZ1100-A2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: