Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Wiseco 810… to sleeve or not to sleeve? 17 Aug 2023 07:40 #888374

• rangeroy
  • User
  • Thank you received: 20
1977 z650

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wiseco 810… to sleeve or not to sleeve? 17 Aug 2023 08:13 #888385

• slayer61
  • User
  • KZR FLAG RELAY CARRIER #62
  • Thank you received: 275

look here 
How to make a set of liners for you 810 pistons. - 750turbo.com

says The board requires you to be registered and logged in to view this forum.
Don't be ridiculous! It's only a flesh wound!

Wife's little bike... 1984 GPZ 550 Kerker and DynaJet stage I kit
Wife's BIG bike...... 1981 GPZ 1100 Kerker and factory FI Mikuni RS34s W/ K&N pods

Wiseco 810… to sleeve or not to sleeve? 17 Aug 2023 11:35 #888401

• Injected
  • User
  • Thank you received: 478

I have a Wiseco 810 kit in my garage, but I've held off because my stock engine is running great, and I don't like the fact that the liners will be so thin.  I wish there was a 2mm over kit, or even a 1mm kit, which will leave the liners thicker.  Maybe this a moot, and just something that sticks, needlessly, in my head, but i'd prefer a kit that left the liners thicker.

MTC use to offer a 67mm = 761cc kit (+1mm) and a 68mm = 784cc kit (+2mm) they do sometimes come up on Ebay and here (bought a NOS 761mm kit off a member on here 3 years ago)

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nessism

Wiseco 810… to sleeve or not to sleeve? 17 Aug 2023 18:08 #888418

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2751

I have a Wiseco 810 kit in my garage, but I've held off because my stock engine is running great, and I don't like the fact that the liners will be so thin.  I wish there was a 2mm over kit, or even a 1mm kit, which will leave the liners thicker.  Maybe this a moot, and just something that sticks, needlessly, in my head, but i'd prefer a kit that left the liners thicker.

MTC use to offer a 67mm = 761cc kit (+1mm) and a 68mm = 784cc kit (+2mm) they do sometimes come up on Ebay and here (bought a NOS 761mm kit off a member on here 3 years ago)

Do you still have that 761cc kit?  

Wiseco 810… to sleeve or not to sleeve? 18 Aug 2023 12:30 #888461

• Injected
  • User
  • Thank you received: 478

Do you still have that 761cc kit?  

Yes, I have a 750 barrel bored and honed to take it, its going in a fuel injected project I have in the works. I got a excellent deal on here from a member in New Mexico, it was just the pistons, rings, and pins.

I always recommend MTC over Wiseco as they are made from better materials. My other go too would be JE.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nessism, Street Fighter LTD

Last edit: by Injected. Reason: sp

Wiseco 810… to sleeve or not to sleeve? 20 Aug 2023 23:45 #888547

• stone fruit
  • User
  • Thank you received: 10
I've been using the Kawasaki 750 sleeves in my 810 bigbore Z650 for over 10 years now, first with the high compression Wiseco's & now with low compression for a draw through turbo.
I lived in a tropic climate and started using an oil cooler but eventually removed it and no longer use it but I have an oil temp gauge.
The is another big bore option now available which is the Bagus Omega 850cc big bore kit with liners.
Bagus! motor cycle | KAWASAKI ZEPHYR 750 OMEGA PISTONS (bagus-mc.jp)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ThatGPzGuy

• Page: