Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Z1 Winter Maintenance 21 Jan 2019 10:38 #797196

• hardrockminer
  • hardrockminer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1022
The last few days have been spent on engine maintenance. Valve clearances were adjusted. Engine oil was changed. The rest was mainly cosmetic..removed all the covers and sanded out the scratches and polished them back to new look. I don't like the high polish seen on some bikes...they never came off the showroom floor that shiny.
I removed the clutch cover and discovered the last time I changed the front sprocket...I put it in backwards with the shoulder outwards...doh! You can see wear marks from the chain on the tranny cover. The head on the lower screw is worn right off.

I also rebuilt the carbs using Keyster kits. They were vapour blasted and then reassembled with all new gaskets, jets, needles, etc. The synch mechanisms are unruly bestards on Z1 carbs. I far prefer the 76/77 carbs for synchronizing. Last job to be done is to re-paint the choke lever.

I have several restored bikes along with a 2006 Goldwing with a sidecar. My wife has a 2019 Suzuki DR 650 for on and off road.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by hardrockminer.

Z1 Winter Maintenance 21 Jan 2019 19:01 #797237

• M_a_t_t
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 41
Your attachments (pictures?) just say that I don't permission to access this page. I guess I'm not in the club...

:laugh: ;)
83 KZ1100A (shaft)
17 Versys X 300 abs
81 kz650h1
81 kz750e2
90 Honda CBR600F (brother's)

Z1 Winter Maintenance 22 Jan 2019 05:57 #797271

• hardrockminer
  • hardrockminer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1022
Not sure what happened. They were there yesterday but I get the same message as you today. I will reload them.
I have several restored bikes along with a 2006 Goldwing with a sidecar. My wife has a 2019 Suzuki DR 650 for on and off road.
The following user(s) said Thank You: M_a_t_t

• Page: