Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Do I really need this part? 22 Jun 2006 12:16 #56294

• guitargeek
  • guitargeek's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self absorbed.
  • Thank you received: 50
So my buddy got this basket case 750 Spectre for $200, right? We did an inventory and found that the only things missing were one wrist pin retainer ring and one little chiclet lookin' dealie that Kawasaki calls a "PIN,OIL LINE", part number 92043-1210. On the parts diagram on buykawasaki.com it's labeled 92043A. It's a little thing that looks sorta like a Pez candy with a little hole in the middle. It's not a heavy duty cast piece, but rather stamped from fairly thin metal.

So my buddy orders a complete gasket kit. We figure these chiclet thingies will come with the gasket kit. We figure wrong. So while my buddy is at House of Kawasaki in OKC he orders a pair of these things. Today he goes in to pick them up and it turns out that they ordered the wrong parts.

My question is this: Are these things absolutely critical? It appears to be an aperture to limit the amount of oil that flows into (or out of) the head. Anybody ever put an engine together without these chiclets?
1980 KZ750-H1 (slightly altered)
1987 KZ1000-P6 "Ponch"
1979 GS1000 "Dadzuki"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Do I really need this part? 22 Jun 2006 12:24 #56297

• kzmarvo
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I like chicklets, got one stuck in my nose once. Hurt like hell, i'm sure someone will answer you question on here. These people seem to know all that jive. Man now i'm cravin some chicklets:P
Watch it folks,i have sticky fingers when it comes to a nice looking set of handle bars:)

Do I really need this part? 22 Jun 2006 13:30 #56314

• Lorcan
  • User
  • Speed Loony
  • Thank you received: 59
They are indeed oil restrictors. Without them you will have a loss of oil pressure in the bottom end of the motor. That would be bad. So yes you need them. There are more than one type though and it doesn't matter which ones you use, as long as you use some. Some look like little pyramids, and some are stamped out of flat metal with an o-ring around the edge.
760cc - 8.69@162mph
810cc, 211mph www.750turbo.com
www.stormdragbike.com

Do I really need this part? 22 Jun 2006 21:36 #56429

• rattler
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
Lorcan wrote:

They are indeed oil restrictors. Without them you will have a loss of oil pressure in the bottom end of the motor. That would be bad. So yes you need them. There are more than one type though and it doesn't matter which ones you use, as long as you use some. Some look like little pyramids, and some are stamped out of flat metal with an o-ring around the edge.

i agree with lorcan. dont try to put it back together with out them.

• Page: