• Page:

TOPIC:

KZ440 Clutch cable question 09 Jun 2006 00:05 #53129

• TwoSeven
  • TwoSeven's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey folks,
Does anyone know of a good online shop where I can get a new clutch cable for an 81 KZ440. Doesnt matter if its an aftermarket cable, so long as its the correct size. Mine gave out and seems they are hard to get in this [my] country.

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZ440 Clutch cable question 09 Jun 2006 01:19 #53130

• KitNYC
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Umm, what country is that? Might help if you put your location info in your sig...

Regardless, though, Z1 Enterprises probably has them, or can get them, and will probably ship to wherever you are. If it's not on the web page, call the shop & ask for it. Jeff (the owner) is a great guy. Gets a little saccharine reading about Jeff & Z1 on here, but the fact remains that he's a great guy & my only complaints about him are that I have to pay NY state sales tax & he doesn't stock Hinckley Triumph parts. ;) Oh, & it doesn't hurt that his prices are low as well.

Cheers,
-Kit

KZ440 Clutch cable question 15 Jun 2006 22:52 #54826

• TwoSeven
  • TwoSeven's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
I live up-over near australia :)

New cable arrived happily and yes, well cheap too :)

I have one rather silly question. The manual I have indicates that the metal part half way along the cable is an adjuster. However, on both my old cable and new cable they are done up so that the two nuts are together and nothing seems to be able to be adjusted.

I do seem to remember once being able to adjust something - but cant remember what bike it was at the time.

Does anyone know if it is an adjuster and how it works and how I should be adjusting it ?

At the moment, I cant get it to disengage the clutch as there is not enough cable movement.

Cheers

KZ440 Clutch cable question 05 Aug 2006 11:24 #67305

• jetbird390
  • User
I got one from a local Kawa dealer for $35 with free shipping. Just make sure you bring the original with you to make sure you get the right one (they have two different cable types for the 81 model year.) Mine snapped on a downshift approaching an intersection...lots of fun...

KZ440 Clutch cable question 05 Aug 2006 11:25 #67307

• jetbird390
  • User
post a pic of the adjuster you're talking about. I had some trouble with mine, also.

• Page: