Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Clutch Problem 18 Dec 2006 11:36 #100299

• bkitchen
  • bkitchen's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I went for my first ride on my 900 yesterday and am still having a small clutch problem. When I am taking off in first gear, if I try to let the clutch out slowly i get nothing until the lever is most of the way out and then...hold on it is on. It's like there isn't enough clutch spring to pull the lever back out real good even though the cable is tight. I adjusted it as to the manual and then adjusted it back and forth both ways and no change. I am going to try to lube the cable real good to see if that helps. I am going to get a new cable and start there. I don't have much adjustment left there anyways. Any other ideas..maybe clutch springs bad?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Clutch Problem 18 Dec 2006 17:18 #100353

• Sandy
  • User
  • Fly High,Tony
  • Thank you received: 13
I would check Your clutch cable adjustments first.
Check the cable adjustment,and also the adjustment right at the clutch cover itself.
How old is the cable?
Do You have a manual for that bike?
1977 KZ1000 A-1

Clutch Problem 19 Dec 2006 11:42 #100510

• bkitchen
  • bkitchen's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I adjusted it as the manual said but no luck. I'm not sure how old the cable is I have only had the bike a month or so. I checked the adjustment at the clutch adjustment also. I Then adjusted both ways a little to see if i could get it better. In the projects forum I posted there too and some are saying they have this same issue, saying too tight a bend maybe?

• Page: