Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Modern Classics bike show - eastern PA 28 Feb 2020 15:17 #820036

• Dragbike_Mike
  • Dragbike_Mike's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 104
Here's a great bike show if you live near eastern PA and are looking for something to do next Friday & Saturday, March 6th & 7th. www.modernclassicsbikeshow.com/?ss_sourc...-02-28T22%3A31%3A54Z

This is a top flight indoor show, not just a random gathering of bikes. The staff of Martin Motorsports literally spend the better part of a year pulling everything together for these. I'll be there and will try to take some interesting pics. Not sure if there will be any KZ's in the lineup this year, but there's always plenty of other interesting bikes on hand.

Mike
Presently - 1980 KZ1000B4 LTD w/mild ported head, Megacycle cams, 1015cc Wiseco, Falicon Supercrank, R&D undercut trans
In a former life - KZ-based dragbike - CrMo car tire chassis, 1395cc, Hahn Racecraft turbo system, VP C16, Orient Express 3-spd auto, 7.80's @ 165-170.
The following user(s) said Thank You: urankjj

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Modern Classics bike show - eastern PA 28 Feb 2020 16:02 #820040

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
  • The chrome don't get you home
  • Thank you received: 511
Have fun, snap pics B)
78 KZ1000 A2A
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dragbike_Mike

Modern Classics bike show - eastern PA 28 Feb 2020 16:16 #820042

• urankjj
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 196
That looks like a Top-Notch bike show, wish I could be there to see it. I am moving back to PA very soon from So-Cal. Have already purchased a home there. That is where I grew up and first got into Kawasaki motorcycles, 500 & 750 triples. The sound, smell, and speed of those bikes can never be forgotten . Mabey I'll find one when I get back.

Modern Classics bike show - eastern PA 28 Feb 2020 17:48 #820043

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1966
Wish I was closer . Looks like a great show !!!!!

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

Modern Classics bike show - eastern PA 28 Feb 2020 20:19 #820045

• Kofla
  • User
  • Thank you received: 27
Martin Moto always have great events. I prefer Modern Classics Ride In, usually held in September when the weather is much warmer. Lots of vintage bikes.

1978 Kawasaki KZ-1000 LTD
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dragbike_Mike

Last edit: by Kofla.

Modern Classics bike show - eastern PA 01 Mar 2020 11:59 #820115

• Dragbike_Mike
  • Sustaining Member

Kofla wrote: Martin Moto always have great events. I prefer Modern Classics Ride In, usually held in September when the weather is much warmer. Lots of vintage bikes.

Kofla - I recognize your bike from a past Martin Moto Ride In. Well done! It's amazing to see what kind of bikes show up at the Ride In.
Do you have any more pics to post? I'm thinking that a lot of people on this site would really appreciate them. Could be a BOTM or BOTY contender, if it hasn't been already.

Mike
Presently - 1980 KZ1000B4 LTD w/mild ported head, Megacycle cams, 1015cc Wiseco, Falicon Supercrank, R&D undercut trans
In a former life - KZ-based dragbike - CrMo car tire chassis, 1395cc, Hahn Racecraft turbo system, VP C16, Orient Express 3-spd auto, 7.80's @ 165-170.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kofla

Modern Classics bike show - eastern PA 08 Mar 2020 16:27 #820570

• Dragbike_Mike
  • Sustaining Member
Here are two "teaser" pics taken yesterday at the Modern Classics show. A lot of beautiful, and in some cases very rare, bikes on display. I'll try to post more pics when I have a chance.

Mike

Attachments:

Last edit: by Dragbike_Mike. Reason: correct wording

Modern Classics bike show - eastern PA 09 Mar 2020 01:19 #820596

• Kofla
  • User
  • Thank you received: 27
Thanks. I wish it was my bike. I took this picture at one of their Modern Classics Ride-In six years ago. I've seen this bike also at the Gathering of the Norton's at Washington Crossing Bridge. This is the kind of look I am looking for my 1978 Kawasaki 1000 LTD when is finished.
1978 Kawasaki KZ-1000 LTD

• Page: