• Page:

TOPIC:

First ride of 2018 09 Feb 2018 10:06 #778416

• Z1Driver
  • Z1Driver's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • love the smell of triple smoke
  • Thank you received: 55
We had some unexpected upper 40's temps yesterday. So I decided to take a bike out. I aired up the tires on the Z1, wiped some dust off and did about 20 miles. I did my best to avoid water across the road from melting snow. The bike did start without being too grumpy. When I parked it for the winter I had a full tank of alcohol free 87 octane. It didn't like the enriching lever all the way up so I closed it and got some popping. I added a little enriching and she fired up. It was good to get a little wind in the fins. Unfortunately the PNW is going to get some more cold weather. But I do need to order parts/tires and get both bikes ready for the upcoming riding season. Tim
Blue 1975 Z1B
Red 2009 Concours 14

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

First ride of 2018 11 Feb 2018 06:52 #778520

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
  • The chrome don't get you home
  • Thank you received: 511
Riding will have to wait for a while around here.
78 KZ1000 A2A
Attachments:

First ride of 2018 11 Feb 2018 11:59 #778543

• Z1Driver
  • Z1Driver's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • love the smell of triple smoke
  • Thank you received: 55
Yeah, we still have snow on the ground but the streets are bare and dry at this time. And we didn't have the amount of snow you show in your pic at the same time. The problem now is the temp. Being a Nekid bike I require a nice day with temps at least in the upper 40's.

The nice thing is though is I can tell the days are starting to get a little longer and it won't be long before I can get out on a bike a bit more. My ALR group are planning rides. So now I should do my winter maintenance on both the Z1 and the C14. Both need front tires and the Z1 has a leaky front fork. Yea. Not!!.
Blue 1975 Z1B
Red 2009 Concours 14

• Page: