Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Pity the Audi driver. 02 Aug 2015 19:44 #684003

• 650ed
  • 650ed's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2828
So, yesterday I was at a red light when an Audi RS-5 convertible pulled up next to me - top down, music blaring, etc. The driver was some young nitwit who obviously intended to impress the girl in the passenger seat. When the light turned green he nailed the gas. Naturally, I did too. I only hope he was able to see the "Historic" tag on the back of my bike as I pulled away from him. I'm sure the girl was amply impressed with his $80,000 convertible as it couldn't catch up with the old guy on the stock, 38 year old KZ-650. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

In fairness, if the road was such that permitted speeds above about 70 mph before it jammed up with traffic and traffic signals I'm sure I would have had a chance to see the back of his car as he disappeared in the distance as those cars have much more high speed ooomph than a KZ650. But the road precluded that from happening, and I doubt if the girl next to him listened as he made excuses for the car's embarrassing performance. :evil: Ed
1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)
The following user(s) said Thank You: KZQ, PLUMMEN

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pity the Audi driver. 02 Aug 2015 21:18 #684015

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2599
I had a Nissan surprise me.
Steve

Pity the Audi driver. 03 Aug 2015 08:08 #684049

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1953
Sic um Ed :evil:

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

• Page: