Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Video Fly-by Fail Ride 02 Jun 2014 12:21 #635026

• KZJOE900
  • KZJOE900's Avatar Topic Author
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 443
So finally! I had an opportunity to use a GoPro and also film a fly-by while my nephew was in town. So of course, yesterday I washed the bike and got the last rain ride off of it. Today I was hoping to get some real good clips winding her up. Wouldn't you know it, the pods must have been soaked, because even after a 20 min ride to get to my favorite crack-a-ton-a road, the bike just ran like crap. I'm almost sure it only was running on two cylinders. Probably three but the ones that were up and running were weak. I will post a the video as soon as I get done uploading to YouTube.

Current project 76 KZ900 (This was a Vetter model)
76 KZ900
81 XJ550H SECA (Current Project)
82 XJ550R SECA
Past:
86 FJ1200
74 Z1900
72 CB450
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Video Fly-by Fail Ride 02 Jun 2014 14:21 #635037

• KZJOE900
  • Admin
Here's the first clip. Gorgeous morning. Bike was spotless. But the performance was non existent. Was planning a couple of different clips. Fly-by, front end air action, smoking the rear just a tad. You know, a little action adventure video. On the way to the road I came that close to just turn around and forget it. But what they hey, twins are fun!

I think if clean and more importantly oil the pods it should minimize it from soaking up water during a wash. I can imagine what can happen in a rain storm. Last week we went through a very lite sprinkle with no problems. But I think a heavy rain would strand me on the side of the road.
76 KZ900
82 XJ550R SECA
Past:
86 FJ1200
74 Z1900
72 CB450

Last edit: by KZJOE900.

Video Fly-by Fail Ride 02 Jun 2014 15:12 #635042

• Tomolu5
  • User
  • Thank you received: 45
I got caught in a downpour last week with rc-2222's, maybe a little down on power, but not bad. A couple gumbands and some baggies will keep things happy through a wash. I know some four wheelers that drench their k&n's in oil for the sole purpose of repelling water.
Mine:
04 Honda rebel 250(wifes)
04 GSXR 750(bolt on galore)
98 CBR 600F3(filter, pipe, adjustable cam sprokets, dyno tune)
76 KZ900A (LTD gauge pods, crash bars, LTD(style)pipes, dyna coils and ignition,headwork and mild port cleanup by cavanaugh racing, K&N filter pods, heck I dunno.

Video Fly-by Fail Ride 03 Jun 2014 07:47 #635121

• KZJOE900
  • Admin
Tom, your suggestion about the baggies reminded me about others here that use a plastic cover made to cover rollers that women use. Or whatever its called. Has the elastic built in. Will definitely use something like that the next time. Fired the bike up this morning and took her around the neighborhood. All seems back to normal, thank God. Bummer part is, I always wanted a good fly-by video. Now that bike is back to normal, my nephew flew back home yesterday. I suppose I could try to get my wife to shoot the clip for me. But I can't see that happening anytime soon :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: .
76 KZ900
82 XJ550R SECA
Past:
86 FJ1200
74 Z1900
72 CB450

Last edit: by KZJOE900.

Video Fly-by Fail Ride 26 Aug 2014 06:54 #645200

• Grumpy Ole Artist
  • User
  • Eschew Obfuscation!
  • Thank you received: 62

Warning: Undefined variable $itemid in /home/kzride5/public_html/libraries/kunena/bbcode/bbcode.php on line 262
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationJust an FYI...a cheaper alternative to the go pro does exist....Back before xmas, I bought a "sharper image" digi cam at ACE hardware for only 50 bucks! Comes with 2 mounts (helmet & handlebar) works great! looks like price has gone up a bit, but here's a link!

edit: just scrolled down the dern page...price has not gone up! higher price = more mega pixels...the 50 buck one I have is 8mp.... 80 buck model is 12mp
1978 KZ650 B2
Former rides...1976 CB360T, 1985 Shadow 700, 1985 GPZ750Turbo

Last edit: by Grumpy Ole Artist. Reason: addtl info

Video Fly-by Fail Ride 26 Aug 2014 07:02 #645201

• HBKwaka
  • Visitor

KZJOE900 wrote: So finally! I had an opportunity to use a GoPro and also film a fly-by while my nephew was in town. So of course, yesterday I washed the bike and got the last rain ride off of it. Today I was hoping to get some real good clips winding her up. Wouldn't you know it, the pods must have been soaked, because even after a 20 min ride to get to my favorite crack-a-ton-a road, the bike just ran like crap. I'm almost sure it only was running on two cylinders. Probably three but the ones that were up and running were weak. I will post a the video as soon as I get done uploading to YouTube.

Not a complete failure. Can you show how you mounted your Viper fairing? I am debating on the same config.

• Page: