Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Central Texas KZ Riders... 16 Apr 2013 04:34 #582622

• LuckyLucOnBass
  • LuckyLucOnBass's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
Just throwing this out there. On May 18th, my band is hosting our 2nd Annual Rockabilly BBQ. It's held in Del Rio, Texas, which is a 2.5 hour ride west from San Antonio. It is from 3pm-11pm with bands from around Texas, and good ol Texas bbq.

Last year was pretty great. We had about 15-20 hot rods, rat rods, and old muscle cars, as well as a few bikes. This year we are expecting a bigger turn out.

If you all have a free day, come on down and hang out with us. I just finished getting my 83 550 on the road. It'll be great to make some new Texas KZ friends.

Thanks,
Lucky Luc

Second Annual Rockabilly BBQ
Casa de la Cultura
302 Cantu St
Del Rio, Texas 78840
bass player, bike rider, hockey fan.
1983 KZ550 M1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by LuckyLucOnBass. Reason: stupid spelling mistake

Central Texas KZ Riders... 21 May 2013 00:29 #588458

• LuckyLucOnBass
  • LuckyLucOnBass's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
Well the second annual rockabilly bbq came and went. It was great. We had a great turnout. I was actually going to miss it due to another event in Austin. But I was able to attend, and I had a great time. KZErider and his ol lady rode nearly 750-800 miles roundtrip down to the event. Great people! I will post some pictures when I get a chance. I even represented our Car/Motorcycle club by winning a watermelon eating contest. Ha!

Pics soon!
Lucas
bass player, bike rider, hockey fan.
1983 KZ550 M1

Central Texas KZ Riders... 27 May 2013 17:56 #589478

• KZErider
  • User
  • Thank you received: 12
Thought I had posted on this about my wife's and my trip down to Del Rio. Apparently I didn't do something since it's not showing.
Anyhow...
I rode the Nomad and my wife rode her VStar 950. We headed out after leaving work a couple of hours early and headed to Canyon Lake to spend the night there at the Hill Country Resort. Saw a sign on 35W southbound warning of delays due to accident. Took the Whitney detour to get to Waco which added about 45 mins to the trip. Took a break in Waco and headed on south on 35W to take the new 130 at Georgetown, just north of Austin. All I can say is don't take 35W south on a Friday, just don't. It took us three hours to make the trip to turn off onto 130 that only takes about an hour in good traffic. No accidents, just a surge of traffic. Got a lot of low speed practice. :(
Headed out the next morning and worked our way down to 46 through Boerne. What a beautiful ride! Got on 90 and headed straight out to Del Rio.
Met Lucas who is a true gentleman and a good host. Had a good time walking around looking at a variety of styles of cars and trucks and some bikes. Had fun listening to the band. Met some interesting people and had some nice conversations. All in all had a great time.
Came back up 277 to 67 and then home. Got to see a good part of Texas I'd never seen before.
Thanks Lucas!
81 KZ750E2(project), 81 KZ750E2(parts donor), 87 BMW K 75C - got it runnin, didn't care for it, holding for family member, 79 CB650(project) Nomad 1700, VStar 950

• Page: