Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

My first crash, on video too 11 Jan 2012 23:43 #497639

• TomW
  • User
  • Keep the blue side up.
  • Thank you received: 52
I just saw this thread now when I came to post. I know exactly how you feel, even some of the pain. I broke a collar bone falling off a Honda trail 90 waaaay back in '68. I left my side stand down last summer in Colorado Springs and dumped it on an on ramp. Just bruised and sore that time. I was able to ride away. Besides the pain it makes you feel stupid, it did me anyhow. I'm glad you came out of it as well as you did. Could'a been a lot worse. You're right, not if but when you go down. Ride long enough and it will happen again. I told my brother a few weeks after my wreck last summer when I fixed the bike and was riding again "I'll never do that again" He responded "You'll do something else." I hope not, and I hope you don't either. Have a great New Year and try to keep the shiny side up.
'78 KZ1000B2 LTD stock + Vetter Fairing & luggage
'91 ZG1200B5 Voyager XII, stock

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

My first crash, on video too 12 Jan 2012 07:52 #497698

• jydog
  • User
  • Thank you received: 9
Dang, sorry to see this has happened to you. Doesn't look like it could be avoided once everything was put into motion. I've always wondered why they put the kill switch on modern sportbike kickstands and now it makes sense to me. I hope you get better soon. Sucks you where just out enjoying a leisurely ride following the rules and this happens.
81 KZ1000 LTD
Griffin GA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.