Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Colorado Ride 10/02/11 04 Oct 2011 21:59 #481391

• RedlineJunkie
  • RedlineJunkie's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
Gane and I met up at the Loaf & Jug, gassed up went up Hwy 72 to Nederland, across the Peak to Peak Hwy., on up through Estes Park on Hwy 7, down through Devil's Gulch on 43, up back into Estes Park on 34 and then down to Lyons on 36 were we stopped for a beer and some grub where we met another guy with a '77 KZ1000 A1. What were the chances of that? :woohoo:

Here's all three bikes together with bar guy's in front, then Ganes black KZ and my dark red one in back.

Leaves are changing big time up in the mountains...

One more with the bikes up front.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by RedlineJunkie.

Colorado Ride 10/02/11 04 Oct 2011 22:14 #481395

• RedlineJunkie
  • User
Both bikes ran great and we had no issues. BTW, Gane is an incredible rider, don't bother racing him where serious tight switchbacks are involved. I didn't have a chance and I don't think he was trying very hard, lol.

Colorado Ride 10/02/11 04 Oct 2011 23:16 #481408

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
  • Thank you received: 391
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I never see any old Kawasaki's when I'm riding around here in the Springs. Or anywhere around the state. I would love to see some vintage bikes around here. The cold weather is on the radar trying to make the altitude a bit tougher. The roller-coaster will probably go back up next week. ;)
1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

Colorado Ride 10/02/11 04 Oct 2011 23:58 #481415

• gane
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Redline, Thanks for Doc'ing our ride. Had a Great Time. Would like a 2nd date when time/weather allows... Maybe closer to you..Pine/Deckers/Woodland Park? I'm easy, & You're good company...Next time lunch is on me....(I know a nice Italian place just off Garden of the Gods.) All, Met Redline Junkie via the site, & Am glad I did. Was Amazed to run across a 3rd KZ1000 A1 wilst riding. Even more surprised to find that after 44 years all three were almost identical. IE; Mags, inverted legs& dual discs, stock Guages/tanks/covers/ w/ 4-1's & K&N's...I guess my idea of "Optimum" Is not my own. My ride was just short of 200 miles I imagine RLJ's was in the 250-280 range & only concern was "previous TIME obligations". After close "scrutiny" & a "lengthy" ride, I must admit, I'd be willing to ride w/ Red & his machine 'most anywhere I could find time for. G.
[img][/img] 1977 KZ1000A1

Colorado Ride 10/02/11 05 Oct 2011 11:55 #481490

• RedlineJunkie
  • User

Motor Head wrote: Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I never see any old Kawasaki's when I'm riding around here in the Springs. Or anywhere around the state. I would love to see some vintage bikes around here. The cold weather is on the radar trying to make the altitude a bit tougher. The roller-coaster will probably go back up next week. ;)

Bar guy was blown away that 2 more A1's showed up. It was pretty cool and he even asked me to get a picture of him in front of all three bikes.

Yeah brother, high country riding is just about over. :(

Colorado Ride 10/02/11 05 Oct 2011 12:06 #481492

• RedlineJunkie
  • User

gane wrote: Redline, Thanks for Doc'ing our ride. Had a Great Time. Would like a 2nd date when time/weather allows... Maybe closer to you..Pine/Deckers/Woodland Park? I'm easy, & You're good company...Next time lunch is on me....(I know a nice Italian place just off Garden of the Gods.) All, Met Redline Junkie via the site, & Am glad I did. Was Amazed to run across a 3rd KZ1000 A1 wilst riding. Even more surprised to find that after 44 years all three were almost identical. IE; Mags, inverted legs& dual discs, stock Guages/tanks/covers/ w/ 4-1's & K&N's...I guess my idea of "Optimum" Is not my own. My ride was just short of 200 miles I imagine RLJ's was in the 250-280 range & only concern was "previous TIME obligations". After close "scrutiny" & a "lengthy" ride, I must admit, I'd be willing to ride w/ Red & his machine 'most anywhere I could find time for. G.

Gane, thanks for the compliment and that means a lot coming from someone with your racing experience. Although i've been riding for 35 years, my racing experience is limited to the dragstrip. It was a pleasure riding with you as well and watching your lines through the curves. No matter how long someone has ridden, I believe that there is always more to learn and am looking forward to increasing my skills and one of the best ways, in my experience, is to ride with a better rider. Gane, I may have you ride behind me and critique my lines, etc. in the near future.

Yep, all three machines very close in construction. I don't really feel the need for radical mods to make these bikes great riders. I just got my GS swingarm in the mail on Monday, would like some 33's and a 1075 kit, change my cam timing as we discussed, different front fork springs and maybe different rear shocks but that's pretty much about it.

I'm not on call until Halloween weekend so I'll be in touch. Saturday is calling for rain, but Sunday may be looking good.

Last edit: by RedlineJunkie.

Colorado Ride 10/02/11 05 Oct 2011 13:06 #481500

• testarossa
  • User
  • Attack life, it's only trying to kill you.
  • Thank you received: 82
Wow! Nice pictures. Thanks for posting those. I bet you really savor the rides in October when you know that cold air is coming soon. :)
1978 KZ1000 A2 Click--->Build Thread
2004 ZX-10R
2007 Harley Sportster 1200
2020 Harley Street Glide Special
Angola, IN

Colorado Ride 10/02/11 05 Oct 2011 21:25 #481585

• RedlineJunkie
  • User

testarossa wrote: Wow! Nice pictures. Thanks for posting those. I bet you really savor the rides in October when you know that cold air is coming soon. :)

Thanks testarossa, they're predicting a foot of snow in the mountains in the next day or so above 11'000 ft. Once they start spreading sand it's all over in the high country until the spring rains wash the roads clean. There's still riding along the front range though. Gane won't stop 'cause he's got dirt bikes and does some ice racing too. I'll be relegated to the flatlands with my one metric cruiser buddy until they spread sand there too.

BTW, I just got a postcard from my insurance company saying "Ride all winter if you like, you're still covered".

• Page: