• Page:

TOPIC:

Oct 23rd Bruce Peninsula...upto the Lighthouse. 23 Oct 2010 15:51 #408577

• M357.5
  • M357.5's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Kwakas N' lots of em'
  • Thank you received: 10
So this mornning was beautiful, headed out with no plan but ended up in Tobermory and then headed back to Owen Sound.

Did some adventure touring on single lane dirt roads along the edge of the escarpment, along our travels we ended up at one of the lighthouses on the Peninsula. We have lots of 1800's lighthouses in our area, next year I'll bring along my camera and post up pic's of what our area has to offer for the adventurous motorcyclist ( ya cant be scared to get your bike dirty...theres some potholes that can swallow you LOL )

Any way heres a few pic's from today, and once again my batteries died :(

This is Cabot Head lighthose, built in the late 1800's and had NO road access till 1963, everything needed was brought in by boat.

A few thing you need to look out for while clambering through the rocks and trees...like Rattle snakes and Bears....Oh and Poison Ivy LOL.

Mmmmmm snake skin....

83 KZ750L X2 + goodies = Project
84 KZ750L the mini ELR replica replica lol
84 ZX750E Turbo modded n' FAAAAASSSSSSTTTTT
85 GPz900r GREEN N' MEAN

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by M357.5.

Oct 23rd Bruce Peninsula...upto the Lighthouse. 23 Oct 2010 16:04 #408583

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
  • Thank you received: 235
i'm not ashamed to say those pics got me to tear up a tad...i love this country....i felt those pics...i also need sleep..lol

i really miss the other parts of this great country...fall really pulls at my heart...it just gets under your skin after living along the eastern seaboard for yrs to see the country side blush up, dig in for fall and beyond,the broken slabs from the yrs ice flows pushing onto shore,with a clear fall sky away forever in the back...i've stood on shores just like that throwing a bass plug for no reason but sunsets.......

thanks so much for posting ....great shots and they click/ blow up nice...# 8 down is my screen saver this week....thanks ...peace
1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

Oct 23rd Bruce Peninsula...upto the Lighthouse. 23 Oct 2010 16:21 #408596

• M357.5
  • M357.5's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Kwakas N' lots of em'
  • Thank you received: 10
I know what you mean, I look at pic's from other riders and dream of one day getting the chance to ride where they do. A fellow over on KTOF posted pics of his recent trip through the mountain rages in France/Italy = BREATHTAKING. It's a truely beautiful world we live in.

Check out my other thread in Ride Reports from Oct 10th, it has some decent shots of Georgian bay from over Meaford way.

Pic #8....directly behind me ( 3' from edge of the road ) the Niagra Escarpment juts up gradually for about 50' then climbs straight up 100'

Didnt think my amature photos were screen saver worthy, thanks for the kind words....Peace
83 KZ750L X2 + goodies = Project
84 KZ750L the mini ELR replica replica lol
84 ZX750E Turbo modded n' FAAAAASSSSSSTTTTT
85 GPz900r GREEN N' MEAN

Oct 23rd Bruce Peninsula...upto the Lighthouse. 23 Oct 2010 16:22 #408598

• 650ed
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2829
Beautiful! Thanks! Ed
1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

Oct 23rd Bruce Peninsula...upto the Lighthouse. 21 Nov 2010 19:17 #413740

• JR
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 435
Great photos. Beautiful country up there. I rented a cottage a few year back on Miller lake and we did a lot of exploring the area.
1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust

Oct 23rd Bruce Peninsula...upto the Lighthouse. 22 Nov 2010 17:52 #413842

• dkmk
  • User
  • Thank you received: 18
Barry, was up there this spring. I forgot that you were in that area. I had left here (Sudbury area), drove down to Orilla the help my brother pick-up a load of bricks, then drove to Owen Sound and spent the night at my niece's. Took these pics the next day, one from the top of Blue Mountain, and the other on the beach in Wasaga. Nice riding in that neck of the woods. B)

Northern Ontario
Zapp: "Kif, I'm feeling the Captain's Itch."
Kif: "I'll get the powder, sir."
Attachments:

Last edit: by dkmk.
  • Page: