Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New warning sign on 191 (AKA Devils Highway) in AZ 14 Jun 2009 20:42 #299243

• Toonces
  • Toonces's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
A friend and I went riding for three days around eastern Arizona and western New Mexico over the weekend. Highway 191 in Arizona is often rated and one of the top ten roads to ride in the US. There is one particular corner on this road that is a decreasing radius and has been the downfall of many riders over the years. All the highway patrol officers are very familiar with this bend in the highway as they have been pressed into service all to often to retrieve riders of all types from the steep embankment lining this nasty corner. I give the Arizona Dept of Transportation two big thumbs up for finally putting up some kind of warning sign. We stopped at the corner to took a look over the edge and found all pieces of ABS plastic of all different colors. Lots of water bottles. I’m assuming the water was given to victims as they waited for help to arrive. It’s too bad it took ADOT so long but better late then never I guess. As the sign says “500 feet”, you can see the beginning of the right hand turn off in the distance about, well, 500 feet. I hope that none of you Arizona or any one else for that matter, KZ riders ever get sucked into this turn and gets hurt. You’ve been warned.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New warning sign on 191 (AKA Devils Highway) in AZ 14 Jun 2009 20:57 #299261

• PLUMMEN
  • User
  • Thank you received: 103
cool,did a lot of riding when iwas at ft huachuca in early 80s B)
Still recovering,some days are better than others.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: