• Page:

TOPIC:

Nebraska road trip! 19 Mar 2009 00:59 #273311

• l0g1c
  • l0g1c's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Hanging on for dear life.
  • Thank you received: 1
Took the KZ to Beatrice to meet with a motorcycle buddy of mine yesterday. He said he'd supervise me tearing into the carbs for my CB350 and maybe have some spare parts lying around for my KZ. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures, but since I live in Nebraska it was easy to find some approximations.

This is the way down.

And this is the way back.

So to sum things up, I spent about 3-4 hours on the road tucked into a little ball and hurtling down the interstate at 75mph (it was windy and I don't have a fairing). Gotta love Nebraska. :P

On the up side, I did score a free luggage rack! I zip-tied a milk crate on and put on my mismatched side panel. I'm beginning to pioneer a new trend called "rat touring." I think it's really gonna catch on! :woohoo:

'81 KZ750 LTD
'72 CB350K
Omaha, NE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by l0g1c.

Nebraska road trip! 27 Mar 2009 06:47 #275761

• N0NB
  • User
  • Blue handles better
  • Thank you received: 19
Looks like you had a good trip. I was to Lincoln last Saturday morning. There were so many bikes out that when I got home I pulled th 650 out and rode it out to the farm. T'was a nice day for a ride and we've not had but one since then and I had other things to do. :(

BTW, I bought my 650 SR from RCHER in Beatrice. Did he do your carb work?
Nate

Nates vintage bike axiom: Riding is the reward for time spent wrenching.
Murphys corollary: Wrenching is the result of time spent riding.

1979 KZ650 (Complete!)
1979 KZ650 SR (Sold!)
1979 KL250 (For sale)
1994 Bayou 400 (four wheel peel :D )

Nebraska road trip! 27 Mar 2009 07:30 #275768

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
  • Thank you received: 235
right on bro.....

good for you taking the ol girl out on a decent long run....and getting back home too!!!!!!!

gives faith to us short hual worry warts....

i went for a all day bounce around last week with my girl and tons of stops...but by the home stratch we were both adjusted our burning buns for a litlle circulation....

everytime i hear you nebraska folks mention your state i think of the sprngsteen album and then think of the songs ....

those are some straight roller coaster roads in the photos....nothing like driving next to big rigs on a bike to make you know your still alive:woohoo: thanks for the photos ...love em craig
1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

Nebraska road trip! 27 Mar 2009 08:02 #275781

• NewRider_NewerBuilder
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Being from nebraska I can say this, but I love how you can take pictures of just about any highway, and they look basically the same.
First bike was a 1981 Kawasaki KZ750 LTD good bike to learn on, not to fast, not to slow, really stable.

Picked up a 80' KZ750 Twin non-running, last summer, got it running, have had carb problems galore will hopefully have it running in may.

Nebraska road trip! 28 Mar 2009 20:21 #276224

• l0g1c
  • l0g1c's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Hanging on for dear life.
  • Thank you received: 1
Nope, I did the carbs myself under the supervision of my friend Ben. Only broke one jet. Luckily it wasn't one that screwed in :)

Yeah, I'm getting tired of the cold weather. For the most part I've been riding as long as it doesn't dip below freezing at night (get off at 11pm, cooooold) or rain.

I've learned to love my Snap-On leather work gloves and my newly-installed fairing. I mean, I still come home with snot running down my chin and half the feeling in my hands, but I come home happy :)

And yeah, I'll admit this thread was kind of a spoof on some of the more interesting ride reports. I've found a couple good roads to ride on, but nothing comparable to SOME members home rides. I thought the pictures were funny, :laugh:
'81 KZ750 LTD
'72 CB350K
Omaha, NE

• Page: