Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Laguna Seca Sued by Rich Neighbors for Being a Race Track 23 Jan 2024 14:58 #894364

• sf4t7
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 250
Same thing happens here in the "people's republic of Massachusetts".  Anything they want passed they use a promise of funding some feel good cause as bait to get it passed, then the money ends up in the general fund.  Don't get me started!   
Scotty

1974 Z1A
welded Z1 crank
Andrews 1X Cams
Delkevic 4 into 1
The following user(s) said Thank You: SWest

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Laguna Seca Sued by Rich Neighbors for Being a Race Track 24 Jan 2024 07:46 #894378

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1624
It's the same thing with pro sports stadiums. Every study I've seen shows that a city or county never recovers the taxpayer's money and billionaire owners are subsidized by the city, county, state, and even the federal government.  If anyone wants to complain about welfare, corporate welfare is where the greatest ripoff of the American taxpayer occurs: pro sports are the most glaring example of it.  And what's worse is that all of the advertising that generates income for the pro team/business is paid for by the consumer via higher consumer products prices and the profit goes straight into their pockets.  And someone on here is going to say something about "the mean old corporation made a profit".

Last edit: by martin_csr.

Laguna Seca Sued by Rich Neighbors for Being a Race Track 24 Jan 2024 08:09 #894379

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2624

It's the same thing with pro sports stadiums. Every study I've seen shows that a city or county never recovers the taxpayer's money and billionaire owners are subsidized by the city, county, state, and even the federal government.  If anyone wants to complain about welfare, corporate welfare is where the greatest ripoff of the American taxpayer occurs: pro sports are the most glaring example of it.  And what's worse is that all of the advertising that generates income for the pro team/business is paid for by the consumer via higher consumer products prices and the profit goes straight into their pockets.  And someone on here is going to say something about "the mean old corporation made a profit".

"Give them bread and circuses and they will never revolt." All according to plan. 
Steve

Laguna Seca Sued by Rich Neighbors for Being a Race Track 24 Jan 2024 10:34 #894384

• Cra-z1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 85
In Coeur D Alene we have a downtown that gets a lot of tourism and a lot of people from Spokane WA in the summer. Several years ago they built a 20 story condo building with prices in the millions. Last year the paper ran an article where several of the new condo owners were complaining about the loud cars and motorcycles passing below and said it was ruining their livability in the city. Needles to say quite a few locals wrote into the paper to express their disbelief that they would have the nerve to complain. They have a several million dollor condo that overlooks beautiful Lake Coeur D Alene and now they want to try and enforce noise restriction. We get a ton of noise from I-90 where we live. I wonder if I can get the highway shut down?
The following user(s) said Thank You: SWest

Laguna Seca Sued by Rich Neighbors for Being a Race Track 24 Jan 2024 11:23 #894386

• gd4now
  • User
  • Denco where did you go?
  • Thank you received: 370
Must say  I have been reading this post and sort of been wondering if anyone is paying attention. This is nothing new as it has been going on since the start of this country.
1977 KZ650 B1
Pods and Denco header

This is my Z

OLD KAW OWNERS SMILE ALOT

• Page: