Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Anyone going to Mid-Ohio? 11 Jul 2018 15:59 #786800

• Nerdy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 379

ayeckley wrote: What was everyone’s take-away from the event this year? I see a lot of complaining about the toilet and shower situation on the Facebook page, but it all seems specific to the “snake pit” campground (interesting place to visit, wouldn’t want to live there). I personally didn’t have any issues with anything, and scored a few nice bits from the swap meet.

I didn't have any problems, but didn't camp at the track: I had a hotel room 6-7 miles away.

In the swap meet I was looking for a chain guard for the Yamaha, as mine is pitted and pretty rough; there are a few NOS available in Asia but they all have some minor damage. Found a guy with rows and rows of RD parts, including a pile of nice chain guards. I went one way to go to that cheap tool place to buy a measuring tape, went back the other way to the VJMC booth to measure the OEM chain guard on the bike, and then backtracked to the middle to the RD parts guy to measure the ones he had. :laugh:

Anyway, it worked. I found a beautiful chain guard that should fit with a very small amount of tweaking.

To keep things slightly on-topic, I also found a correct set of side covers - with emblems and chrome pieces! - to send to my brother for the '79 KZ400.
1979 KZ400 Gifted to a couple of nephews
1967 Yamaha YCS1 Bonanza
1980 KZ440B
1981 Yamaha XT250H
1981 KZ440 LTD project bike
1981 GPz550
2013 Yamaha FZ6R

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: