Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Harley Decals on Cages 12 Sep 2007 14:01 #170190

• ltdrider
  • ltdrider's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 17
I was driving my truck to work this morning, following a Dodge Durango with a big Harley decal in the back window. My truck has a BikerFriendly sticker on the tailgate.
So this Harley rider goes past me, splitting lanes, and when he gets up to the Durango driver, he gives him a big friendly WAVE!
"Wait a minute", I'm thinking... "I've got a BikerFriendly sticker, where's my wave?"
Funny how much that bugged me. I've had that sticker on my truck for over a year. Never gotten a wave from a rider. Maybe it's too small? Maybe it needs some wings?
'76 KZ900 LTD (Blaze)
'96 Voyager XII (Dark Star)
'79 KZ650 Cafe Project (Dirty Kurt)
Greensboro, NC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Harley Decals on Cages 12 Sep 2007 14:59 #170203

• Bluemeanie
  • User
  • Thank you received: 14
I've had mine on for a long time also Tim, I do think they should be bigger. And same as you I've not recieved a "wave" either.

Post edited by: Bluemeanie, at: 2007/09/12 18:03
1980 KZ650F1, Bought new out the door for $2,162.98!
Attachments:

Harley Decals on Cages 12 Sep 2007 15:38 #170209

• floridamba
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
The HD guy was a poser, and needed the truck for his "Trailer Queen" scooter.

Harley Decals on Cages 12 Sep 2007 16:04 #170212

• Mellvis
  • User
I love these guys! H-D is a life style. If you can't make your own, buy some leather and cage decals! I know from my own expirience that it does not apply to all cages with H-D stickers.
I love my 66 Ford truck, but I don't feel the need toput a big Ford sticker on the back of the KZ. Just remember, if somebody says, "Hi, I've got a harley and my name is Heavy Bill", just say "Hi" and over-look thier handicap.

Harley Decals on Cages 12 Sep 2007 18:15 #170230

• floridamba
  • User
I was reading a forum where the guy was down because his bro-in-law was killed due to head injuries when hitting a deer on his HD. He used to wear a helmet when he rode a Jap bike but felt it would not be acceptable to wear one with the HD.

My own bro is keeping an HD for the owner, who is in the Navy for 3 years. He wears a $600 Shoei when riding his Suzuki but puts on a cheap brain bucket when he rides the HD. He wears armored jacket when ridin the Suzuki, T-shirt and jeans with the HD.

But.. he gets pissed off when I joke that it's so hot here in Florida that I may have to buy a HD so I can ride in shorts, t-shirt, sunglasses and sandals.

It rained really bad last weekend, and we were down in St. Augustine. I saw several HD's with people wearing ponchos for the rain but no helmet. One couple had shorts, t-shirts, sandals, sunglasses and it was raining like all get out.

Go figure!

Harley Decals on Cages 12 Sep 2007 18:39 #170239

• Patton
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 2098
ltdrider wrote:

I was driving my truck to work this morning, following a Dodge Durango with a big Harley decal in the back window. My truck has a BikerFriendly sticker on the tailgate.
So this Harley rider goes past me, splitting lanes, and when he gets up to the Durango driver, he gives him a big friendly WAVE!
"Wait a minute", I'm thinking... "I've got a BikerFriendly sticker, where's my wave?"
Funny how much that bugged me. I've had that sticker on my truck for over a year. Never gotten a wave from a rider. Maybe it's too small? Maybe it needs some wings?

All your fault. Yep -- 100% your fault.

You've got the wrong bumper sticker.

It should say, If Harley Davidson built an airplane, would you fly in it?
1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

Harley Decals on Cages 12 Sep 2007 19:00 #170250

• themachine
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
went to a bike night, some guy with an 883 wanted to race me.

:laugh:

however my spider sences told me it had a 1200 big bore kit in it, i did'nt really feel like racing on the fact that it was freezing out and my back hurt, but hes a member of the local thunder bird chapter and i'll eventually get to race him.
82 kawaski csr1000 Evolved into a streetfighter.

I love Speed! Hot Nasty Badass Speed!!!

Harley Decals on Cages 12 Sep 2007 19:18 #170257

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
  • Thank you received: 29
Bluemeanie wrote:

I've had mine on for a long time also Tim, I do think they should be bigger. And same as you I've not recieved a "wave" either.

Ditto here. :huh:

I guess you didn't know that they also offer a Bumper Sticker in both color schemes for only $2.50 including shipping each?

They accept payment via Paypal or a USPS money order, it doesn't get much easier than that.
B)
Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ

Harley Decals on Cages 12 Sep 2007 19:19 #170259

• inline4
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks to kawtoy's signature line (and his approval) I'm going to have some custom lettering made to go on the back of my Honda Element. It will read:

Harley-Davidson:
Turning gasoline into obnoxious noise without the harmful effects of horsepower since 1903.
That phrase, along with my license plate frame which reads "Save America........Deport The Democrats" should get me many one-finger salutes in this town.:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Harley Decals on Cages 12 Sep 2007 19:59 #170265

• N0NB
  • User
  • Blue handles better
  • Thank you received: 19
I have several bikes pull up behind me when I've been in the company truck or my Dakota and nary a wave or acknowledgment. They are a bit small and the background of each blends into the surface it is on. So it may well be that no one has noticed them.

One thing I have noticed is that there are more HOG stickers, decals, apparel, front license plates than actual owners around these parts. I just love the attitude that surrounds many of them. Generally they cover themselves in HOG advertising and whine that "some day" they too can have a motorcycle, but they would never actually consider anything other than a new HOG just so they can ride. :S Heaven forbid you suggest they get an older UJM to learn on. I guess that would be an instant banning from their poseur club. :laugh:
Nate

Nates vintage bike axiom: Riding is the reward for time spent wrenching.
Murphys corollary: Wrenching is the result of time spent riding.

1979 KZ650 (Complete!)
1979 KZ650 SR (Sold!)
1979 KL250 (For sale)
1994 Bayou 400 (four wheel peel :D )

Harley Decals on Cages 12 Sep 2007 20:34 #170275

• AR15Ron
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
I used to have a friend who totally looked the harley guy. He wore the jacket and hats and had big stickers on all his cars. Only thing he never had was a Harley. We used to make fun of him all the time saying "I had a dream I had a harley".
Sadly last year after about 20 years of dreaming he bought a Harley.

Harley Decals on Cages 12 Sep 2007 21:14 #170279

• reborn650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
I was in a coffee shop a couple of years ago when some Harley-Dentists pulled in with their gals. All of them were decked out in the HD, Village People outfits, chaps, vests, pocket chain wallets etc...

I was in line for a coffee and was wearing my classic, old brown, leather bomber jacket that gets better with age and wear. On the back I have a winged patch and I guess one of the designer dudettes figured I was one of them and she looked at my jacket and smiled.

I'm sure she was just about to ask me what kind of Harley I ride but she just caught herself an blushed and the look on her face was priceless. When she got a closer look she realized my big winged patch was not an HD emblem but instead was from the Indy 500, a race I have attended a couple of times.

I felt like making a comment about them celebrating their rebellious uniqueness and individuality....by dressing like every other one of the hundreds of thousand of similar Harley owner, but I figured ahhhh what the hell...whatever make them happy.

Most of the Harley owners I know are pretty cool when you get talking to them about bikes one on one, but in a group they tend to just want to talk about their newest chrome goodies or Harley g-strings. The funny thing is that most of them do their tune-ups and upgrades with their credit cards, and the only time they have to wash the grease off of their hands is at McDonalds or KFC.

I've gotta admit I silently get a kick out of their spending habits, but they do buy their stuff from a friend of mine who owns our city's very successful Harley dealership and he has spent a lot of money buying ads in my newspaper. This in turn funds my Kz affection.

I am fortunate enough to be in a postition where I could pick up any Harley tomorrow with a phone call to my friendly banker if I chose to, but I'll stick to my old sleeper 650/810 that will embarass most of them when it comes to stoplight squirts and when it breaks, I'll fix it myself.

That is what I call celebrating my uniqueness and I don't need a sticker on my truck to tell the world who I want to be. However, I do wear my Kzrider patch on the front of my riding jacket with a sense of pride.

Just my 2 cents. :)

Cheers-Colin Firth-Ontario Canada
-1977 Kz650 Custom bought new by brother. Now with 810 kit, GPz750 cams, intake valves, Mikuni 29 smoothbores, velocity stacks, Dyna Igntion, MAC pipe and other goodies.
-1982 Ferrari 308 GTSi Red/Tan
-Toyota FJ Cruiser - 6 speed tank
-2010 Mazda CX-7 Turbo (my bride's)
-1998 Jeep TJ Wrangler 4.0...