Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Newb What exactly is a streetfighter???????? 19 Aug 2007 16:27 #164925

• cgray34
  • cgray34's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I guess I hit a nerve with this "INNOCENT" question. I feel pretty good about not knowing exactly what a "Streetfighter" is now. I would have to say whatever definition you come up with will be subjective regardless. I think it is a complete matter of opinion, as we have seen from the numerous posts.

Not bad response for my first topic! I will not expect this kind of attention from here on out.

Unless I come back with, "What excactly is a ratbike????????" Ha! Ha!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :evil: :evil:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Newb What exactly is a streetfighter???????? 21 Aug 2007 05:41 #165347

• HOGEATER
  • User
  • Been riding 2 wheels since 1965,
  • Thank you received: 1
a STREETFIGHTER to me is any bike that is modified in some way to make it handle better also what I would call a sleeper( looks pretty much bone stock engine wise but bored/stroked/balanced to the max)so to show anybody just taillights if they want to run..

the reason for the name HOG EATER( I won't tell what IS the CCs of my KZ1000 with 29 smoothbores)

Newb What exactly is a streetfighter???????? 21 Aug 2007 08:57 #165387

• StreetfighterKz
  • User
  • Thank you received: 117
OK, I'll chime in here since I saw my name mentioned somewhere in this lengthy topic.

My bike was used and abused and wrecked, before I bought it. Have I abused it since? Yes! Have I neglected it since? Yes! Have I wrecked it since? No, thankfully. (I'm not offended by the way. Just like the fact that my bike was referenced as a nice streetfighter. :p)

But the reason it is the way it is now is......wait for it.....EVOLUTION! Bad traction during drag racing meant I needed a stickier, wider tire so that entailed a new swingarm to get a newer, wider rim to fit. Well, I didn't want to run with a pizza pan size front rim and a fat donut in the rear so that meant a new front end since a stock Kz is too narrow to run a 3.5" front rim. Then my headlight brackets didn't fit the bigger, wider front end..etc.etc.etc.

I believe that a streetfighter is born of evolution: form is in the function. Ratbikes are function then form. While chopper are form and no function. These are MY OPINIONS so therefore they don't mean jack!

The 900 I'm building is a Strip-fighter. The attitide of a streetfighter but function is focused to a drag strip instead of curves.

In short, a streetfighter is what you want it to be whether it's a sleeper, a rat bike, a bobber, chopper, whatever; not because society tells you it is.

Later, Doug

Post edited by: StreetfighterKz, at: 2007/08/21 12:00
1978 z1000 Streetfighter
1976 z900 Stripfighter (work in progress)
1983 Gpz750 Resto-Mod
1989 Vmax

Newb What exactly is a streetfighter???????? 21 Aug 2007 09:02 #165388

• StreetfighterKz
  • User
  • Thank you received: 117
BTW, beautiful LTD!

Later, Doug
1978 z1000 Streetfighter
1976 z900 Stripfighter (work in progress)
1983 Gpz750 Resto-Mod
1989 Vmax

Newb What exactly is a streetfighter???????? 21 Aug 2007 09:43 #165393

• rstnick
  • User
  • Thank you received: 376
Welcome cgray. Nice bike!

Rick thanks for that link. I think i just spent an hour watching people fight! Good stuff!

Me too! :woohoo: :whistle:

I didn't see any Rat bikes though.

Post edited by: rstnick, at: 2007/08/21 12:47
Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

Newb What exactly is a streetfighter???????? 21 Aug 2007 19:52 #165508

• violentvintagecycles
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
I would just think by definition it would be a bike that is raced. On the street. Not just ridden. maybe signals chopped, taken off, lower bars, extended swingarm..Stuff like that.. Definetely a worked motor.
As my father would say (rip) leave the cracked fairings, the old lenses, the cosmetics and work the balls off the motor. Then when someone pulls up to you at a light and laughs you know what to do.. RIP dad..

Newb What exactly is a streetfighter???????? 21 Aug 2007 21:08 #165525

• RonKZ650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 238
Fossil wrote:

RonKZ650 wrote:

Rat bike, street fighter? Any difference? Not that I can see. All wrecks, misguided owners with no taste or sense ect. Not all of them, just the majority of them. Same idea as a mexican lowrider 62 Chevy or a truck with 4 ft wide tires sticking out 3.99 ft outside the fenders. Looks stupid to put it mildly.

Maybe you should look into it a bit more and have a clue about it before insulting other people's hard work.<br><br>Post edited by: Fossil, at: 2007/08/19 01:39

Oh believe me I "HAVE" looked into it, that's why I say what I do. Guys with the 4 ft wide tires think they are looking good too as well as the mexican lowriders. They do look good if you like that kind of thing. Well I'll put it bluntly and say I do "NOT" like it at all. It's a travesty and a blatent crime that should be outlawed. Your wheels look good though I have to say. NOT.
321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.

Newb What exactly is a streetfighter???????? 21 Aug 2007 21:31 #165537

• brich
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
Fossil wrote:

These are good examples of air cooled Kawasaki Streetfighters
www.kz-fighter.dk/
homepage2.nifty.com/hallys/kz/custum/custum.html

And here's examples of all makes
www.motor-forum.nl/forum/list_topics/59

Thanks for those links Fossil! Those were some nice looking rides. It always amazes me how current you can make these KZ with some inginuity and lots of $$$$. Not sure I would ever go that far with mine (if i ever git'r done), but I definitely appreciate looking at them and admiring the hard work.

"The Night Rider, that was his name. Remember him when you look into the night sky." :laugh: :P I had to refresh the page 5 times just to listen to that. It was almost as fun as watching the HS girl fight in the link Rick sent!!
1975 Z1 900, 1075 wiesco kit, web cams, smooth bores, dyna ignition, denco pipe, lester mags, wicked bad rotors, custom gauge face plates .. not much stock left.

Newb What exactly is a streetfighter???????? 21 Aug 2007 21:40 #165538

• Fossil
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
RonKZ650 wrote:

Fossil wrote:

RonKZ650 wrote:

Rat bike, street fighter? Any difference? Not that I can see. All wrecks, misguided owners with no taste or sense ect. Not all of them, just the majority of them. Same idea as a mexican lowrider 62 Chevy or a truck with 4 ft wide tires sticking out 3.99 ft outside the fenders. Looks stupid to put it mildly.

Maybe you should look into it a bit more and have a clue about it before insulting other people's hard work.<br><br>Post edited by: Fossil, at: 2007/08/19 01:39

Oh believe me I "HAVE" looked into it, that's why I say what I do. Guys with the 4 ft wide tires think they are looking good too as well as the mexican lowriders. They do look good if you like that kind of thing. Well I'll put it bluntly and say I do "NOT" like it at all. It's a travesty and a blatent crime that should be outlawed. Your wheels look good though I have to say. NOT.

Not concerned about trucks or lowriders, let me remind you this is a bike forum. And, like I said, don't insult other people's hard work until you understand the benefits of geometry/suspension/brake upgrades. With my build, form follows function, nothing decorative on there. Don't like my wheels? They're 9lbs lighter than stock, each. That's unsprung weight, look it up.

Newb What exactly is a streetfighter???????? 22 Aug 2007 02:45 #165553

• cgray34
  • User
StreetfighterKz wrote:

OK, I'll chime in here since I saw my name mentioned somewhere in this lengthy topic.

My bike was used and abused and wrecked, before I bought it. Have I abused it since? Yes! Have I neglected it since? Yes! Have I wrecked it since? No, thankfully. (I'm not offended by the way. Just like the fact that my bike was referenced as a nice streetfighter. :p)

But the reason it is the way it is now is......wait for it.....EVOLUTION! Bad traction during drag racing meant I needed a stickier, wider tire so that entailed a new swingarm to get a newer, wider rim to fit. Well, I didn't want to run with a pizza pan size front rim and a fat donut in the rear so that meant a new front end since a stock Kz is too narrow to run a 3.5" front rim. Then my headlight brackets didn't fit the bigger, wider front end..etc.etc.etc.

I believe that a streetfighter is born of evolution: form is in the function. Ratbikes are function then form. While chopper are form and no function. These are MY OPINIONS so therefore they don't mean jack!

The 900 I'm building is a Strip-fighter. The attitide of a streetfighter but function is focused to a drag strip instead of curves.

In short, a streetfighter is what you want it to be whether it's a sleeper, a rat bike, a bobber, chopper, whatever; not because society tells you it is.

Later, Doug<br><br>Post edited by: StreetfighterKz, at: 2007/08/21 12:00

Now that is what I'm talkin about!!!!! Doug (IN MY OPINION) has hit the nail right on the head and drove it home!!! Good explanation! I vote for this to be the best definition of a streetfighter yet!!! All about function and form, whatever matters to you!

What strip do you take your stripfighter/streetfighter to in Akron, OH?

Newb What exactly is a streetfighter???????? 22 Aug 2007 02:47 #165554

• cgray34
  • User
violentvintagecycles wrote:

I would just think by definition it would be a bike that is raced. On the street. Not just ridden. maybe signals chopped, taken off, lower bars, extended swingarm..Stuff like that.. Definetely a worked motor.
As my father would say (rip) leave the cracked fairings, the old lenses, the cosmetics and work the balls off the motor. Then when someone pulls up to you at a light and laughs you know what to do.. RIP dad..

Based on your Dad's comments, we could be brothers! :ohmy:

Newb What exactly is a streetfighter???????? 22 Aug 2007 02:53 #165555

• cgray34
  • User
RonKZ650 wrote:

Fossil wrote:

RonKZ650 wrote:

Ron that is your right to have an opinion. On the other hand I think it is an absolute awesome sight to see a fat 200mm tire on these old Kaw's. My dad on the other had is much like you, he cant stand it.
Attachments: