Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Newb What exactly is a streetfighter???????? 18 Aug 2007 07:37 #164620

• Wildh2oskier
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
It doesn't matter just please don't mess your 1000. Its a beautiful bike. If you are wanting to build a streetfighter you can find a better suitable platform for not much $$$.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Newb What exactly is a streetfighter???????? 18 Aug 2007 07:53 #164622

• cgray34
  • cgray34's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
Well there you have it! Even more definitions of what a streetfighter is?

I know my LTD is in no way a streetfighter, nor do I have any intentions of making it one. I simply was looking for insight to what a streetfighter is. I probably could have made two separate posts, one about my ltd and one with the streetfighter question.

As for my LTD, I am in the process putting a 200mm tire on the back. I already put on dragbars which I particularly just love. My first long ride was so much more enjoyable with them.(personal preference) It needs a paintjob. I plan of tearing the whole motor down over the winter and cleaning everything. In the meantime, it's just me and my 28mm Mikuni's having it out until my new V&H 4 into 1's get here in two weeks.

Newb What exactly is a streetfighter???????? 18 Aug 2007 11:26 #164650

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
  • Thank you received: 29
The Gringo wrote:

On second thought maybe the reason I always liked that paint scheme was this poster.:P

That top and shorts are most definately painted on! :woohoo:

IMHO, you could place just about anything in the background of that poster and it would look great. :whistle:

I almost forgot, welcome to KZr cgray34! :)

Post edited by: RetroRiceRocketRider, at: 2007/08/18 14:27
Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ

Newb What exactly is a streetfighter???????? 18 Aug 2007 12:29 #164660

• 810gpz750
  • User
RonKZ650 wrote:

Your LTD definately is not a streetfighter. Streetfighter to me is kind of what the words imply. It would be a bike that has fought a lot of battles, been beat to a pulp numerous times, all the stock equipment is broken off from wrecks and/or other abuse. Repainted badly afterwords multiple times, then all unnessessary equipment removed that hasn't already been removed by prior crashes such as fenders, emblems, turn signals ect. That's pretty much it in a nutshell. There are some nice streetfights like Dougs KZ1000, but 99% of the time streetfighter=used up, wrecked, abused motorcycle that has seen it's life pretty much used up and has a misguided owner to match. Sorry if that offends anyone as your mileage may vary. To each his own, just my personal ramblings.

no offense but i think you just described a "rat" bike. i am in the process of turning my gpz into a streetfighter. to build a nice streetfighter is very expensive(see shift1313's bike that is a streetfighter) a bike that you spend $150 plus on a headlight bracket and then put a $200 headlight on is not used up,wrecked ,abused and definately does not not a misguided owner. sorry not trying to argure or anger anyone but the term streetfighter is very dear to my heart, might have just pulled on it a little bit.

:(

Newb What exactly is a streetfighter???????? 18 Aug 2007 13:01 #164664

• hardr0ck68
  • User
  • Who put the what in the where?
  • Thank you received: 3
Streetfighter is a bike that has been changed is someway to make it more sporty; or more like a factory race bike. thats my .02
1977 kz650 c1

bought it because I was told it would never run again...I like to prove people wrong.

Newb What exactly is a streetfighter???????? 18 Aug 2007 14:01 #164673

• z1rick
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
This could go on for a while, I think the street fighter "look" is something like the Z1 above, fender eliminator, lowered in the front looking, more sporty, cafe like.

Oh yeah, sorry bout the link above, I should have included a disclaimer:
The above link may contain pics and videos that might be offensive to some, and subsequent links on the web page my contain what some may consider adult content. Use discretion when clicking the above link :evil: :whistle:
Anaheim CA
1999 KZ 100P
1974 Z1 900 Project
1977 (2) KZ 650 projects

Newb What exactly is a streetfighter???????? 18 Aug 2007 14:08 #164675

• Mark Wing
  • User
  • Thank you received: 22
Well a Streetfighter can be a number of things. It could be a newer bike striped of most of the bodywork and most often a twin headlight mounted or it can be an older bike with modern suspension added and a hopped up motor to go with the aggressive look of the new suspension. I can't see what color or the quality of the paint matters although most of the older Streetfighters have a cool re-paint and the newer ones have a trashed paint job to go with the stripped down look. Here's my idea of a Streetfighter. Although I started with a wreck I only used what was still good and replaced the rest including the frame with one that was the same year and model. Not cheap, I could have gone back to stock way cheaper.
Mark

Zx7 front forks GPZ mono-shock rear and Yoshimura 716cc Yoshimura cams Yoshimura pipe ported and polished head and 29 smooth bores.

Post edited by: N0NB, at: 2007/08/18 22:19
Jesus loves you Everyone else thinks your an ***

77 KZ650 C1 with ZX7 forks, GPZ mono rear, wider 18 police wheels and Yoshimura motor.

Yorba Linda Cal.

Newb What exactly is a streetfighter???????? 18 Aug 2007 14:49 #164681

• The Gringo
  • User
  • ¡Usted no necesita otra motocicleta!
  • Thank you received: 11
RetroRiceRocketRider wrote:

The Gringo wrote:

On second thought maybe the reason I always liked that paint scheme was this poster.:P

That top and shorts are most definately painted on! :woohoo:

IMHO, you could place just about anything in the background of that poster and it would look great. :whistle:

I almost forgot, welcome to KZr cgray34! :)<br><br>Post edited by: RetroRiceRocketRider, at: 2007/08/18 14:27

RRRR you have no idea. That poster was a giveaway item back in the day when I was selling these bikes new. I had one hanging in my bedroom for quite awhile. That gauze shirt barely concealed a really spectacular set of ta-tas. Of course that was 27 years ago, nowadays they probably hang down to her knees.:laugh: :P :woohoo:
Andy
Akron, Ohio
80 Z-1 Classic-Sold
84 GPZ1100
79 KZ 1000 LTD
78 KZ 1000 A2
77 KZ 1000 LTD-Sold
76 KZ 900 The definition of a barn find
76 KZ 900-Sold gone to Denmark
KZ 750 times 3, KZ 650 times 8 Sold 1 down to 7
KZ 550 times 2 80 440LTD-Sold
81 CSR 305-Sold 81 Yamaha XS650 Special

Newb What exactly is a streetfighter???????? 18 Aug 2007 18:36 #164719

• PLUMMEN
  • User
  • Thank you received: 103
Still recovering,some days are better than others.
Attachments:

Newb What exactly is a streetfighter???????? 18 Aug 2007 19:26 #164736

• N0NB
  • User
  • Blue handles better
  • Thank you received: 19
I have to agree that what Ron described falls into the definition of a rat bike.

To me a streetfighter is a carefully upgraded older motorcycle that routinely spanks the squids on their new Gixxers.

:whistle:
Nate

Nates vintage bike axiom: Riding is the reward for time spent wrenching.
Murphys corollary: Wrenching is the result of time spent riding.

1979 KZ650 (Complete!)
1979 KZ650 SR (Sold!)
1979 KL250 (For sale)
1994 Bayou 400 (four wheel peel :D )

Newb What exactly is a streetfighter???????? 18 Aug 2007 20:56 #164771

• KZErider
  • User
  • Thank you received: 12
What's wrong with just saying that a "streetfighter" is a bike that has been modified in such a way that it acts and looks aggressive and intimidating (ready to take pink slips!!)?B) :)
81 KZ750E2(project), 81 KZ750E2(parts donor), 87 BMW K 75C - got it runnin, didn't care for it, holding for family member, 79 CB650(project) Nomad 1700, VStar 950

Newb What exactly is a streetfighter???????? 18 Aug 2007 21:04 #164774

• RonKZ650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 237
Rat bike, street fighter? Any difference? Not that I can see. All wrecks, misguided owners with no taste or sense ect. Not all of them, just the majority of them. Same idea as a mexican lowrider 62 Chevy or a truck with 4 ft wide tires sticking out 3.99 ft outside the fenders. Looks stupid to put it mildly.
321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.