TOPIC:

AMA Prostar Pingle Thunder Nationals 24 Jul 2007 06:28 #159153

• mariozappa
  • mariozappa's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 8
AMA Prostar Pingle Thunder Nationals in Indy
August 4-5

If anybody is coming, let me know. I'll be there most of the day Saturday.

www.amaprostar.com/2007/event_Indy_flyer.htm
1977 KZ650C1
and the KZ650/KZ750 Conversion ;)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

AMA Prostar Pingle Thunder Nationals 24 Jul 2007 06:59 #159161

• sheik*yerbouti
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Spent two evenings at the Prostar event at National Trail here in Central Ohio a couple weeks ago. Great event! After they closed the track I just idled around on my Triumph and found a big group of people hanging out and grilling in between those $500,000 looking motorhomes. Just kinda ambled up, sot the bull and ended up hanging out all night with some racers from NJ, Canada (who had a baby pool full of Canadian beer and fed me brats all night), Kansas City MO, Atlanta, all great guys. Wicked bikes too!

AMA Prostar Pingle Thunder Nationals 24 Jul 2007 15:56 #159304

• themachine
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
anyone have some up close photos of spiderman's bike?
82 kawaski csr1000 Evolved into a streetfighter.

I love Speed! Hot Nasty Badass Speed!!!

AMA Prostar Pingle Thunder Nationals 26 Jul 2007 05:38 #159765

• mariozappa
  • User
Here's two...

www.geocities.com/moo_kaw/spid.jpg
www.geocities.com/moo_kaw/spidy.jpg

Post edited by: mariozappa, at: 2007/07/26 08:54
1977 KZ650C1
Attachments:

AMA Prostar Pingle Thunder Nationals 26 Jul 2007 06:22 #159777

• Jack
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
sheik*yerbouti wrote:

Spent two evenings at the Prostar event at National Trail here in Central Ohio a couple weeks ago. Great event! After they closed the track I just idled around on my Triumph and found a big group of people hanging out and grilling in between those $500,000 looking motorhomes. Just kinda ambled up, sot the bull and ended up hanging out all night with some racers from NJ, Canada (who had a baby pool full of Canadian beer and fed me brats all night), Kansas City MO, Atlanta, all great guys. Wicked bikes too!

So did Dan & Gord fill ya full of Canucklehead beer? One of their favourite tricks...
79 KZ 1075 MKll
79 KZ 1500 MKll dragbike
Gone but not forgotten:
3 X 73 Z1's
1 X 74 Z1A
1 X 75 Z1B

AMA Prostar Pingle Thunder Nationals 26 Jul 2007 10:34 #159833

• sheik*yerbouti
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Jack wrote:

So did Dan & Gord fill ya full of Canucklehead beer? One of their favourite tricks...

Hey you know them, eh? As a big fan of minor league local hockey, I've been a user of the, eh?, for many years so we can't blame that on them...

However they seem well known, simply searching "Dan and Gord" results their names over a Strange Brew poster, no really --> forums.dragbike.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=7795&PN=1&TPN=2

While their very generous offer of delicious frosty treats seemed nearly unlimited, I was able to limit myself to three cans of genuine Molson Candaian, which mixed with the brats over a couple hours, still permitted me to ride my Speed Four the 25 or so miles home about 2AM, in a socially responsible way.

AMA Prostar Pingle Thunder Nationals 06 Aug 2007 06:40 #162015

• mariozappa
  • User
Here are some pics and video from Saturday. Sorry no sound. :(

smg.photobucket.com/albums/v371/lowery/prostar/
1977 KZ650C1

AMA Prostar Pingle Thunder Nationals 06 Aug 2007 11:49 #162057

• racer54
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 114
Yea. I was there. Good to talk to ya. Lots of bikes to look at. Did ya see OSR's bike? KZ1000...1500 cc...nitrous...running 9.0's? Very fast cycle. I think he was using glue to hold him on though. LOL Another green KZ (in mariozappa pictures) was running 10.0's with close to stock wheelbase. Of course you couldn't forget the HUMIDITY!!!!! Man, I think we were breathing water! Good racing, good to meet a few members here and to see some fast bikes. Even met my daughters cousin who works on Korry Hogans Top Fuel bike. Good weekend indeed!
1980 LTD (changed over the years), 1979 LTD (being rebuilt), 1977 KZ turbo and various KZ's in various states of build. KLX110

AMA Prostar Pingle Thunder Nationals 06 Aug 2007 12:40 #162065

• mariozappa
  • User
It was good to meet you racer54. Do you know who that guy was on the green Kaw in the pics?
I've never got around to finding OSR's trailer, we left about 6:00 cause it was TOO DAMN HOT!
You know, I forgot to ask. Were you racing anything this weekend?
1977 KZ650C1

AMA Prostar Pingle Thunder Nationals 06 Aug 2007 12:52 #162068

• racer54
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 114
Nope...sure don't. Was going to look the bike up and get some info on it, but got sidetracked and didn't "get-r-done"! Met Shannon(OSR) and cousin almost bought his turbo motor but ended up buying a GS1150E along with 'busa wheels and brakes to mount on it-(yep, I gave him a piece of my mind about jumping ship! LOL). Shannon's bike ran a best of 9.05. Went three rounds and then bike fell off about 2 tenths and got runner-up in that race. Bike looked l-o-n-g in person. Sounded healthy too. Got some ideas and Shannon is a great guy to talk to. Very easy going guy. I wasn't racing anything though. Original plan was to run my brown bike in street E.T. and taking the turbo along but found out my helmet is out of date and I'm not sure if my leathers would be good enough(2-piece but don't zip together) and I don't have spec. leather boots. Bought some Bates boots so took care of that area, though. Full leathers this winter when I figure out a design. You aren't kidding about the heat! I think we were breathing water with a little air mixed in instead of the other way around. I think that's the worsed I have seen in many moons...looked forward to sitting in truck with the a/c on!
1980 LTD (changed over the years), 1979 LTD (being rebuilt), 1977 KZ turbo and various KZ's in various states of build. KLX110

• Page: