Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

cafed 77/650 drilled sprocket cover, some more paint, bla bla bla tail light mounted 06 Nov 2006 22:20 #90175

• scumbag
  • scumbag's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Lewd, Screwed, and Tattooed
  • Thank you received: 5
well I figure I should start one of these to cronicle the mis-adventures of me and my girlfriend in the garage...yes I have a girl friend and yes I dont know why she likes my dirty ways...

well anyway since I have the VTR this will be my girls bike but we will trade often....haha...the VTR has the balls and the KZ will have the style

gunna do it all...boat tail seat from airtech (going to be talkin to you soon Sander)...gunna get some raasks if anyone has a hook up HOOK ME UP!!! haha but if not I can go through some sources I have...after the tank is stripped we will see if we can do a polished tank if there is no bondo...the side covers and seat tail as of now will be metal flake black...the motor will be sprayed flat black...dont know what I am gunna do with the guages yet...and thats about it

here it is as I found it...

here it is after I got it home...haha bars had to go

stripped...I had a sick day today and in between sleep and more sleep it was gutted...all be it not done pretty good for being sick

and here is the only real rust on the bike...the battery leaked at some point but its all surface and sands off easy

well anyway more to come...

oh and I need a name for the bike....but ya know the bike has to earn it....the Bastich( kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_ponygal...&func=detail&id=1728 ) ( kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_ponygal...6&func=detail&id=715 ) did and this one will need to as well...the title of this post will change when a name is found

-scumbag

Post edited by: scumbag, at: 2007/05/07 19:42
sept.1976 kz650
1980 kz650

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

cafe 77/650 no name as of yet... 07 Nov 2006 09:43 #90247

• dutchz
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
Don't call it a comeback. Sup Brian, good to see you back. Don't have any Raask hook-ups. I did notice Speedmoto is selling universal rearset kits on Ebay, Tarozzi, just pegs and levers. Then there's this Ebay guy in South Africa that mills his own, I'm not to crazy about the looks of them - a bit modern - but the quality seems pretty good.
Gauges? We don't need no stinkin' gauges. Maybe just one - you pick :whistle:
1974 Kawasaki Z1
Stock front hub and rear axle.

cafe 77/650 no name as of yet... 07 Nov 2006 20:32 #90399

• scumbag
  • User
Well Sander...Guagesare not really my thing...dont have em on my VTR but my lady wants em when she will be riding the bike...so I will get creative...

where did you get your rear-sets? Omars?

also I know evactly what you are talking about on EBAY...kinda wanna get the whole deal(mounting plates and all) but thats spendy...

also I am gunna ask a favor of you to poke around airtech and see what you find that would fit my bike in the way of a boat tail seat...I will shoot you an email with the specs..

anywya hope to have the frame and motor painted by this weekend...wish me luck...haha
sept.1976 kz650
1980 kz650

cafe 77/650 no name as of yet... 07 Nov 2006 23:30 #90422

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
Looking good!

I can't remember if you did it on the Bastitch, but if you flip the headlight ears upside down, (just remove the top fork clamp then pull them off), the headlight will be much lower and you may be able to lower the gauges too. I wonder if you can take the gauges off the bracket, flip the bracket over, and re-install the gauges. That way, maybe you can mount the bracket to the fork clamp from the bottom instead of from the top... just a thought.

Keep up the good work!

cafe 77/650 no name as of yet... 08 Nov 2006 00:52 #90427

• scumbag
  • User
This answer ya Lou?

and ya cant just flip the stock brackets...but kustom ones are not hard to make;) haha

also Lou what ever happened to your website?

oh and can I start a mockers chapter here in WA? hahah

Post edited by: scumbag, at: 2006/11/08 03:58
sept.1976 kz650
1980 kz650

cafe 77/650 no name as of yet... 08 Nov 2006 12:35 #90519

• dutchz
  • User
scumbag wrote:

also I am gunna ask a favor of you to poke around airtech and see what you find that would fit my bike in the way of a boat tail seat...I will shoot you an email with the specs..

Poking for tail is my specialty. Bring it on...
1974 Kawasaki Z1

cafe 77/650 no name as of yet... 08 Nov 2006 21:18 #90661

• scumbag
  • User
ok so this thred if officaly dedicated to Sander and Lou...haha

well tonight got some crazy chemicals and stripped the top portion of the tank...I was praying teh whole time for a perfect tank with no bondo seeing as I am going to be doing a polished tank...well 3 small dents were found the only real one that is kind of a bugger is on the back left part of the tank...I think I can live with it...I mean a polished tank far outweights a lil dent...lemme know what yall think of the dent and how it will look polished...maby do old school and lead it in? eh?

anyway stripped the headlight bucket as well and am gunna shine that up too...wanna capture that bare metal look...

also the wiring harness is out and hanging...will be going through that this weekend and re-wrapping everything so it looks clean...

My hope is to get the motor and frame painted this weekend...keep your fingers crossed...ha

the wiring harness with my idiot notes...

the dent...

the tank so you can see the scale of the dent...

here is the headlight bucket..

heres how it sits at the end of the night...

Post edited by: scumbag, at: 2006/11/11 02:53
sept.1976 kz650
1980 kz650

cafe 77/650 no name as of yet... 08 Nov 2006 23:08 #90673

• Mark Wing
  • User
  • Thank you received: 22
Looking good. there's not much you can do with that dent. Their is a filler thats called All-Metal that is a silver/gray color if you want to fill it.
Jesus loves you Everyone else thinks your an ***

77 KZ650 C1 with ZX7 forks, GPZ mono rear, wider 18 police wheels and Yoshimura motor.

Yorba Linda Cal.

cafe 77/650 no name as of yet... 08 Nov 2006 23:25 #90675

• scumbag
  • User
well no offense...I think colored primer would look hokey... this is what I am thinking... www.advanceautoparts.com/english/youcan/...s/res20041001ld.html ... it would keep it all metal and it would add alittle hotrod old school flair...here are some more pics of it done on an old jag E-type, just scroll about half way down... www.classicjaguar.com/os.html ...

well any way if I dont do lead then hey the dent adds character...anyone have a clean tank to trade? haha

Post edited by: scumbag, at: 2006/11/09 02:26
sept.1976 kz650
1980 kz650

cafe 77/650 no name as of yet... 09 Nov 2006 00:04 #90679

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
scumbag wrote:

This answer ya Lou?

and ya cant just flip the stock brackets...but kustom ones are not hard to make;) haha

also Lou what ever happened to your website?

oh and can I start a mockers chapter here in WA? hahah<br><br>Post edited by: scumbag, at: 2006/11/08 03:58

Yup, that answers that!

www.geocities.com/loudgpz
I gotta get off my ass and start putting up some more photos.

The more mockers the better!!!!!
:woohoo:

cafe 77/650 no name as of yet... 09 Nov 2006 08:49 #90753

• dutchz
  • User
Bare metal looks good. Unless you can get that dent filled perfectly you're just gonna make it more visible. Which doesn't mean you shouldn't try. Heck, you can alway put a nice gloss black stripe (with white pinstriped edge, ofcourse) along the back that flares out towards the back of the tank. It would allow you to fill the imperfection and keep the sides a bare metal. Kinda like this Speedtwin tank, but with the whole side polished.

I forgot, got my rearsets from American Classix. Spendy, but pretty much paid for by selling my stock seat. Tarozzi's nice stuff. Too bad I broke one :pinch:

Post edited by: dutchz, at: 2006/11/09 11:50
1974 Kawasaki Z1
Attachments:

cafe 77/650 no name as of yet... 09 Nov 2006 11:53 #90770

• solomrus
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
regarding the dings/dents in your tank...

have you taken it to a paintless dent repair shop yet?

they might be able to pick those out, and have the metal as smooth as the rest of the tank.

also, someone that is good with heat shrinking sheetmetal *might* be able to pop it? just a guess there...

--r
198o kz1ooo Bravo Four