Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

82 kz440 ltd project sorta 05 Oct 2023 20:37 #890138

• nickmckay
  • nickmckay's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
need to start trackin my progress on here so you guys can stay in the know lol! so for some context, i picked up a 1982 kz440 ltd with 20900 miles for cheap back in august. It wasn’t running great so i had the carbs synced and i just replaced the front brakes. since i’ve had it i’ve also repainted it(first time attempting a proper paint job), replaced the oem double decker seat with the solo style seat from texavina, and taken the rear fender/brake light off. the previous owner did a lot to it. i’m not sure of everything but i know it’s had top end rebuilt, around 8 months ago, he also replaced the oem headlight with an led, n many other small things .. still need to fix some things .. current issues, the fork seals are done for, my forks are always covered in oil, but main issue, after riding for 5-10ish miles and it starts to get to temp, maybe a tad bit hot, it’ll start to smoke faint white smoke out the left muffler. doesn’t run any different just smokes up a fair bit on throttle and less severe at idle. planning on callin the nearby shop to have him check it out next week. Here are some pics from when i got it and how it’s looking now (just finished painting the ltd badges, they’ll be back on soon)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by nickmckay.

82 kz440 ltd project sorta 06 Oct 2023 09:21 #890154

• TexasKZ
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2071
When posting pictures, if you click the Insert All button, they will show up full size in the post.
1982 KZ1000 LTD parts donor
1981 KZ1000 LTD awaiting resurrection
2000 ZRX1100 not ridden enough
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nessism, nickmckay

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: