Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Advice? 25 Sep 2023 22:27 #889768

• Brmercado
  • Brmercado's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello everyone, I recently picked up an 81 kz440d3 ltd w belt drive. It was sold as is with no title or key for 100$ by someone who got it with the place they moved into. After looking over everything  it needs new battery terminals and battery (got) and after getting a key made found it needs an ignition. The carbs def need a rebuild as well among some other easy things. Any advice or future work I should do seeing as it was last registered 10 years ago?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Advice? 06 Oct 2023 17:04 #890170

• zrxxx
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
Just the basics: Fresh oil and filter. If it has a disc brake up front, completely flush the master cylinder with fresh fluid. Fresh plugs if they're old. Might need to rebuild the fuel petcock because 10 years of sitting tend to dry things out, and when you fill with gas it'll probably leak until the seals swell enough (YRMV). I'd add a fuel filter too, just  after the petcock to catch 10 years worth of grunge (and rust if it's not clean) And clean and grease up the points breaker/governer. That tends to be a very ignored part. Verify points gap too while you're in there. The valves are super easy to adjust too so I'd check that as well. We can go on and on, but I'll leave it there for now. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: