Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Total Vibration 22 Sep 2023 10:57 #889634

• Cmelton
  • Cmelton's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
     How much is to much? I finally got my 1984 KZ1000P up and running however, the vibration from engine seems extreme, I have ridden HD Road kings for years, so I am not use to this new situation. So, what do you guys experience, is there vibration? How much? Tires are new Dunlop, brakes are new, everything seems to be lined out. What do you say?

Thanks, C.W.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Total Vibration 22 Sep 2023 11:13 #889635

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1972
Apples and oranges  without more info  / better description 

Harleys  typically have a slow lope  and are rubber mounted motors vs  Kaws , at least my LTD are  rigid mounted motors.
My handlebars  give a vibration  that make long touring rides  hard  vs my HD Electraglide which can go 500 miles a day
with little issue.   I know some Kaw riders here will take exception  but  I think of my bike as more sporty than touring 
Just my 2cts having owned many brands 
Dave

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

Total Vibration 22 Sep 2023 16:09 #889653

• TexasKZ
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2071
A little buzziness is normal, but extreme vibration is not.
Does the vibration occur mostly at idle? Mid-range? High rpm?
Are the coils connected to the correct cylinders? One coil fires the outer cylinders (1&4) and the other coil fires the inner cylinders (2&3).
can you post a video with sound?
1982 KZ1000 LTD parts donor
1981 KZ1000 LTD awaiting resurrection
2000 ZRX1100 not ridden enough

Last edit: by TexasKZ.

Total Vibration 23 Sep 2023 11:27 #889681

• Cmelton
  • User
     Well, now that I think about it, I know that these motorcycles were not made to be cruisers, but quick on the street police units. I live about 30 miles from my employment and drive on the interstate for 15 of these miles. Traffic usually requires that you ride at speeds of 80mph, and at this speed the vibration from the handlebars is numbing to my hands. I have seen one of these bikes ridden to Sturgis for the rally. I appreciate the response, it's great to have a forum where there is so much knowledge that's shared freely.

Thanks,

C.W.

Total Vibration 23 Sep 2023 11:30 #889682

• Wookie58
  • Thank you received: 1798
Have you thought about wheighting the bar ends internally with lead if you don't want to fit bar end wheights 

Total Vibration 23 Sep 2023 11:32 #889683

• Cmelton
  • User
The vibration is very sever at 4-5  thousand rpm, interstate riding about 75 MPH. I will check the coils wires and try to get a sound bite. I will also post an update as I find additional information.

Thanks

C.W

• Page: