Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

new cafe racer finished... now how do I sell it? 19 Nov 2011 02:51 #489175

• drewflix51
  • drewflix51's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I agree that is definitely a nice bike. Those bratstyle bikes are really getting hot over the past few years. I like both the burgandy and the yellow bikes. The yellow one is a Honda 350 and I saw it a while back on Kneeslider. I have never seen the burgandy one before but I would guess it is a 350 or 450 honda as well. Definitely a fun bike but they top out at around 83mph. I am a pretty big guy at around 200lbs so I would probably top out around 78mph and at 65 that poor bike would sound like it is breaking a land speed record or something. I just couldn't with a right mind buy anything less than a 500cc bike for more than 5 or 6k. It is interesting that we are having this conversation... a guy just contacted me the other day and wants a bratstyle bike with the fat tires. I am thinking about an 82 dohc cb750 which still seem to run pretty cheap and giving it the old bratstyle makeover. I will probably throw on some old Coker or firestone tires, shorten the rear fender, weld a loop into the back of the frame and upholster a diamond pattern into a burgundy leather seat. Then I'll grab some joker turn signals and a rear tail light, throw on some drag handlebars and call it a day. If he wants to spend a few extra dollars I would probably swap him out a gold colored fork and triple tree set from a newer sportbike. I had also planned on going to the junk yard and getting a nice old school tank from a completely different bike like a jawa or cb77 and giving it a custom paint job and working that onto the frame. I hope he likes the sketches I'm working on cuz I am starting to get excited about this project. Beats my boring daytime job that's for sure!
KZ440 Harlesaki Bobber
Zephyr ZR550 Cafe Racer

Area 51 Garage

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: