Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

bobber wannabe, more like junker 18 Nov 2007 14:55 #181614

• bdecho
  • bdecho's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Just wanted to share a picture of my bike. The top corner is how i bought it, the rest is how it looks today. I just got it back on the road. Theres still a lot more to do, but the overall shape is there. Tell me what you think!

Hopefully that worked, i'll try again if the picture doesn't show up

Post edited by: bdecho, at: 2007/11/18 17:58
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

bobber wannabe, more like junker 18 Nov 2007 16:50 #181621

• The Milkman
  • User
  • Thank you received: 194
It looks good to me. Besides it doesn't matter what we think if you like it that's all that matters.B) ;)
78 650-C2, Stock engine, Jardine 4-2 Exh., 17-38 sprockets, dyna ignition and coils, coil wiring mod, carb mod.

bobber wannabe, more like junker 18 Nov 2007 19:10 #181648

• Revelations
  • User
It looks cool to me.

But, like The Milkman said, It doesnt matter what we think as long as you like it.

How did you attach your rear tail-light and plate?

bobber wannabe, more like junker 19 Nov 2007 09:27 #181733

• bdecho
  • bdecho's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
I cut out part of the metal plate that used to hold the fuse box and welded it to the frame right behind the shock mount where i cut it off... nothing technical. Right now the licence plate is just hanging off by 2 bolts. We'll see how it holds up, if nothing else i'll just have to break down and actually buy some metal:laugh: I'm really impressed with the bike so far. I doubt i have much more than $1200 into it TOTAL. I just like to hear your imput. It gives me motivation to cut up more $600 craigslist deals :evil:

The light is a repo old ford lamp, the rear fender is off of a sporster mounted backwards with a good 6" chopped off, the seat is an ebay special, the handlebars are stocker kz650, the throttle/grips are ebay specials, and the shocks are 11.75" HD fxr shocks. The rest of the stuff is re-engineered parts that were previously stripped from the bike. Its kick start only, and bare bones wiring. I would have gotten rid of the battery too but i already spent $200 on the dana s ignition. It was the most expensive part of the build so far! Its going to get some fishtail mufflers, maybe a different set of handlebars, and probably a new paint job along with a few hours with some steel wool and a buffer.

bobber wannabe, more like junker 19 Nov 2007 10:06 #181741

• Patton
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 2098
Neat looking solo "saddle leather" seat. :)

Bare front wheel looks cool, but would consider a shorty fender to protect face and eyes from wheel spray and grit while riding. :)
1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

bobber wannabe, more like junker 19 Nov 2007 19:43 #181811

• VTXman
  • User
That looks cool man! I'm thinkin I want to do the same with a local "yard sculpture", lol... its a KZ550... I belive a 81... if I can get it for $50 I'll be on track.

• Page: