Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

GSXR Engine blasted/painted for KZ frame.... 24 Sep 2007 15:28 #172621

• fastestz1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
what type of paint? high heat? engine? what brand? we all know you painted it,looks great please be a little more specific with what paint you used.
thankyou

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

GSXR Engine blasted/painted for KZ frame.... 24 Sep 2007 15:36 #172626

• caffcruiser
  • caffcruiser's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
It's duplicolor high temp over duplicolor high temp grey primer.

Good stuff for sure!!!

GSXR Engine blasted/painted for KZ frame.... 24 Sep 2007 15:47 #172628

• fastestz1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
thankyou

GSXR Engine blasted/painted for KZ frame.... 24 Sep 2007 15:48 #172629

• 650ed
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2829
Just curious, why would you plan on putting a "modern sportbike" engine on a KZ frame? I would think the original Suzuki frame/engine combo engineered by a company with zillions of R&D $$ would be far superior to mating such a modern miracle of an engine to an archaic, 1960's inspired motorcycle frame. Kinda like putting the engines from a Navy F117 on the Wright Bros. Flyer. Ed
1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

GSXR Engine blasted/painted for KZ frame.... 24 Sep 2007 16:09 #172631

• OutlawGPz
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
caffcruiser wrote:

OutlawGPz wrote:

The Interceptors were not based off of race technology..they were pure racing bikes from the factory. The first 3 years of their existance as the VF series were the years they did what they set out to do...dominate at ama superbike racing. The VF750 was the first true production racing bike that had street parts added to make it street legal for ama production rules..only differences between the racing bikes and the Street version are the addition of lights and a few other things to make the street version 70 lbs heavier..and the street engine was 40 hp lower then the racing one. Keep in mind the race VF put down 126 Hp in 83! Well over what these race replicas put out now..Bikes like the gixxer were a response to the Interceptor...and honda came back from them as a threat with the Hurricane and evolved the Interceptor into an all round performer...The interceptor to this day is one of the few V4 sport bikes produced..if im recalling right Aprillia is the only other maker using V4 engines...

Like I said... just repeating what I have read.

Understood. Just going by what i have learned in my ownership of my Interceptor as well as what i have read. There was an article in Motorcyclist magazine that pretty much said what i was getting at in less words...the Interceptors were the true first sport bikes just as the CBs were the worlds first superbikes.

GSXR Engine blasted/painted for KZ frame.... 25 Sep 2007 05:09 #172708

• caffcruiser
  • User
OutlawGPz wrote:

caffcruiser wrote:

OutlawGPz wrote:

The Interceptors were not based off of race technology..they were pure racing bikes from the factory. The first 3 years of their existance as the VF series were the years they did what they set out to do...dominate at ama superbike racing. The VF750 was the first true production racing bike that had street parts added to make it street legal for ama production rules..only differences between the racing bikes and the Street version are the addition of lights and a few other things to make the street version 70 lbs heavier..and the street engine was 40 hp lower then the racing one. Keep in mind the race VF put down 126 Hp in 83! Well over what these race replicas put out now..Bikes like the gixxer were a response to the Interceptor...and honda came back from them as a threat with the Hurricane and evolved the Interceptor into an all round performer...The interceptor to this day is one of the few V4 sport bikes produced..if im recalling right Aprillia is the only other maker using V4 engines...

Like I said... just repeating what I have read.

Understood. Just going by what i have learned in my ownership of my Interceptor as well as what i have read. There was an article in Motorcyclist magazine that pretty much said what i was getting at in less words...the Interceptors were the true first sport bikes just as the CBs were the worlds first superbikes.

Agree to disagree. :)

GSXR Engine blasted/painted for KZ frame.... 25 Sep 2007 05:10 #172710

• caffcruiser
  • User
650ed wrote:

Just curious, why would you plan on putting a "modern sportbike" engine on a KZ frame? I would think the original Suzuki frame/engine combo engineered by a company with zillions of R&D $$ would be far superior to mating such a modern miracle of an engine to an archaic, 1960's inspired motorcycle frame. Kinda like putting the engines from a Navy F117 on the Wright Bros. Flyer. Ed

"If you don't understand it, you never will."

Why? Because I can. Because it's different. Because it's a challenge. Because I don't want the same boring bike everyone else has.

Apparently you've never ridden an 86' GSXR! Not exactly a step up in the frame dept. They were NOTORIOUS for sketchy handling.

There's nothing wrong with a KZ frame. A few gussets and it's just as rigid in all the right places.

Post edited by: caffcruiser, at: 2007/09/25 08:12

GSXR Engine blasted/painted for KZ frame.... 25 Sep 2007 08:34 #172742

• scumbag
  • User
  • Lewd, Screwed, and Tattooed
  • Thank you received: 5
caffcruiser wrote:

"If you don't understand it, you never will."

couldn't of said it better
sept.1976 kz650
1980 kz650

GSXR Engine blasted/painted for KZ frame.... 25 Sep 2007 10:07 #172759

• 650ed
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2829
If you want something different, not boring, why not just buy (or build) one of these. I promise that you'll be the first kid on your block to have one. :evil:

www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/bimota/bimota_db6c.htm
1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

GSXR Engine blasted/painted for KZ frame.... 25 Sep 2007 10:34 #172767

• caffcruiser
  • User
650ed wrote:

If you want something different, not boring, why not just buy (or build) one of these. I promise that you'll be the first kid on your block to have one. :evil:

www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/bimota/bimota_db6c.htm

When you get back to reality, let us know. ;) hehe

FWIW: I would bet I'll be one of the only people in the country with a KZ/GSXR bike. Can't be said for the world however, as it's a somewhat common swap on the other side of the pond. :evil:

Post edited by: caffcruiser, at: 2007/09/25 13:35

GSXR Engine blasted/painted for KZ frame.... 25 Sep 2007 10:53 #172771

• OutlawGPz
  • User
yea...agreeing to disagree here too lol

Project looks good man.

GSXR Engine blasted/painted for KZ frame.... 25 Sep 2007 12:01 #172784

• circusnuts
  • User
Can't make out the article (doesn't appear to attach to the article).

Can you supply another link?

Thanks
Phil