Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

heres my 600 killer 17 Sep 2007 14:13 #171157

• nads.com
  • nads.com's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 20
got alot of cosmetics to do I think i'm gonna paint it gloss black again and get a cool seat to make it complete. I was thinking of putting a v&h header on but don't know if it will look better than the black, guess i can paint it though. Hope the header makes more power, kawman says 4 to 1 makes more power than any other set up so will see. It like to breath so ill definetly pull the baffle. I can bet already that with the baffle it will choke the power. This things fun to ride, it's a never ending thrill. I took out some metal from under the fender and the around the batt. box and i'm taking the center stand off. That metal was pretty heavy. I think i need to get aluminum rims to top off the weight reduction, those steel wheels are heavy. I don't believe these things ever needed a 630 chain either, so that's going. That's all i'll probly do for weight reduction and I can't wait for the dyna cuz i just know it's gonna give it a whole lot more get up. With a 130lb rider i think this thing could do a 10.9 quarter- if it could get going off that line would be the clincher. she like to go and go at high rpm and dialing the timing is so key to a fast run. It pulls me real hard and i'm 250lbs. This bike has somehow taken on it's own character in looks and heh, the way it runs is like a freakin monster. I get butterflys just getting down the driveway to the street. the collecter tubes you see used to extend to the rear axle and I got bored and cut them. That was just 20 bucks of muffler pipe i welded together. I doesn't look great or anything but i was reallly surprized at the power gain all through, there was no denying it. So will see if the header can do better. I had a good ignition for a day when i did the coil mod, but then the charging system went down. For that half day though, it was like a diff. bike. What a diff. Im running some big jets 155, and it moves out with a batt voltage of 10, but i wasn't burning all the feul. The engine flows good apparrantly since it went from black plugs to white with the jets. I had 26mm carbs and went to 28's. I used the needle jets with my soldered on homade mains from the 26's. Seems to have more pull at wot. The more I drive it the more I realize it's much stonger. It has no hesitations. Hell i dont even know what that is anymore. I think people just make that stuff up.:huh:
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: