Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

in the works... 03 Sep 2007 12:56 #168267

• Jessz1
  • Jessz1's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Here is my little project. Not to far along yet. Still need a lot of parts and to build the engine. Not sure what header I want to run yet either. Maybe a Moriwaki if I can find one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

in the works... 03 Sep 2007 14:21 #168276

• racer54
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 114
It's a lot farther then my next project! I have a bare frame here. LOL Keep us posted, with pictures-you know how we can get without them, to let us see what you're up to. We are always looking for ideas from others to use.
1980 LTD (changed over the years), 1979 LTD (being rebuilt), 1977 KZ turbo and various KZ's in various states of build. KLX110

in the works... 03 Sep 2007 15:10 #168284

• Jessz1
  • Jessz1's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Yeah I will take a few more pictures when I get back to the shop. I almost have the top shock mount fabbed up. Few more hours and it will be welded in. I need to machine a couple spacers for the swingarm and the top bearing. I really need to decide what exhaust I am going to run so I can mock up my rearsets and all the other parts. I am not sure how clearance will be. This will be the first real street KZ I have built. Lots of fun options.

in the works... 03 Sep 2007 18:29 #168314

• racer54
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 114
Yep...lots of trial and error. Sort of like playing chess. You have to be looking a couple steps ahead of where you are all the time. Change one parts location and it might change the way something else fits. Take your time...winter coming on and you will have plenty of time to get it right before you make anything permanent. This will be YOUR bike when you're done and thet will make it all the better...it's YOUR bike! Everybody here will be interested in what you do.
1980 LTD (changed over the years), 1979 LTD (being rebuilt), 1977 KZ turbo and various KZ's in various states of build. KLX110

• Page: