Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

pics i hope 22 Aug 2007 12:14 #165663

• 810gpz750
  • 810gpz750's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

pics i hope 22 Aug 2007 12:37 #165668

• 810gpz750
  • User
Attachments:

pics i hope 22 Aug 2007 12:54 #165673

• 810gpz750
  • User
that was two weeks ago this pic is today. my buddies phone has pics of when i first got it. ill try to post those later.
Attachments:

pics i hope 22 Aug 2007 13:15 #165679

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
  • Thank you received: 29
Looks really sharp! B)

Reminds me of the red '84 ZX550 I once owned (it still had the decals though)....man, I really miss that bike. :(

I see you removed the passenger grab rail and the aftermarket (Lockhart or ???) lower fairing.
Whatever you do, do NOT throw those away! They're very hard to come by.
If you ever decide to sell that bike, mounting those parts back on might get you a few extra $$$.
Listing them on eBay would also net you a decent amount. ;)
Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ

pics i hope 22 Aug 2007 13:27 #165682

• 810gpz750
  • User
thank you i have been working pretty hard on it. as far as parts go ive kept them(except for stock signals-bad shape found the trashcan) tomorrow the rear fender is coming off finally got my dual filament l.e.d. light for the back. by next week the upper fairing and all mounting and headlight will be gone too. just waiting on my dual headlight and flyscreen to come in. all of these parts will be for sale here(rather see them go to someone here than an unknown on ebay). not sure what they are worth. :S

pics i hope 23 Aug 2007 11:13 #165871

• Fossil
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
You can make a few fairly inexpensive mods that will make the bike feel and handle better while keeping the stock suspension. On the front end, install progressive springs with the correct length spacer and disable the antidive units before they put you on your face. Also, look into adding a fork brace. To quicken and lighten up the feel of the bike, flip the rear axle's eccentric adjusters over raising the rear approx. 1.5" and slightly "deraking" the front end. This won't reduce the trail to the point that it's unstable. I did these mods to mine before changing the suspension and the results were worth it.

pics i hope 23 Aug 2007 20:37 #165986

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
If you want Progressive Fork Springs I have a spare set still in the box, I think I have a set of stock mirrors and turn signals (that I meant to list on eBay but forgot) also.
KD9JUR

pics i hope 24 Aug 2007 15:12 #166133

• 810gpz750
  • User
got my l.e.d. light last night so fender is now gone too. will post pics tonight or tomorrow. heres is an example of my luck though when i was cutting the mount off for the helmet hook (want it all clean and neat back there) the bike fell over:ohmy: so now i have a half of a wind shield and my clutch lever broke:(. so i hope my dual headlight and flyscreen gets here quick already fixed the lever(thank god my mech. takes good care of me called him at 10pm and he met me at his shop for a $10 lever)also got a new front tire since last picB)

• Page: