Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

GPz progress 19 Aug 2007 20:21 #164992

• Fossil
  • Fossil's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
Projects are really never finished, so this afternoon I worked on stripping as much weight as possible off the subframe and mounted a race weight Ducati 916 solo seat. Still have to change the tailight bracket and make up brackets for the turnsignals, and cut off the last few inches of the subframe. Need some kind of cover, maybe mke up a little fiberglass thing to cover the battery and ignitor. And, the green is really irritating me, so the tank and seat will be painted black with just a simple Kawasaki sticker on the tank. Weight reduction is the new challenge.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

GPz progress 19 Aug 2007 20:25 #164994

• kzwolfsr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 16
Not bad Fossil. Might I prescribe some kind of fossil print to put on the tank, just to distinguish it although it is already extremely different
1979 KZ SR650, stock candy persimmon red and crossover pipes
1981 KZ 1000LTD with non stock and more comfortable handle bars and 4 into one V&H
Original man of the Caribbean

GPz progress 19 Aug 2007 21:20 #165007

• Mark Wing
  • User
  • Thank you received: 22
Looking good. Can you re-work the seat and side covers to work together?
Mark
Jesus loves you Everyone else thinks your an ***

77 KZ650 C1 with ZX7 forks, GPZ mono rear, wider 18 police wheels and Yoshimura motor.

Yorba Linda Cal.

GPz progress 19 Aug 2007 21:38 #165021

• Fossil
  • Fossil's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
I sacrifised one spare side cover trying to make it fit with the seat, but it just wasn't meant to be. The drive side looks fine with just the fuse box there so it's clean and tidy. I'm thinking a simple little rectangular cover in black to just cover things up. Besides, side covers are just more weight and I've got this thing on a diet!

GPz progress 22 Aug 2007 12:12 #165662

• 810gpz750
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
looking good fossil. about another 3 years and 350cc and maybe ill have something nearly as nice as yours. the green wheels are not bad i was thinking about green wheels and a green frame, black tank, then carbon fiber all around. corbin makes a gunfighter seat for the gpz's that comes in a carbon fiber like leather. i have a carbon fiber headlight/flyscreen on the way. on the side plate issue i am looking into getting some formed from you guessed it carbon fiber. sorry for getting sidetracked your bike looks great just alittle paint is all ;)

• Page: