Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

My First Rebuild Project. 23 Aug 2007 17:11 #165942

• Daedalus
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hawk,

If you have the time, take pictures of the bike as you pull it apart and put it back together. It will make a great photo album, especially if you and your son are in the pictures. By the way, nice bike.
Cary, IL
1983 KZ 650 CSR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

My First Rebuild Project. 25 Aug 2007 20:12 #166338

• Hawk_77336
  • Hawk_77336's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
I plan on taking a lot of picture for a couple of reasons, one because you are right it will make a great photo album and the other reason is because it is my first rebuild and I may need the pictures for reference when I am putting it back together :blush: I am going to get started tomorrow :woohoo: I will post pictures of my progress.

My First Rebuild Project. 26 Aug 2007 16:21 #166461

• Hawk_77336
  • User
Well I have started the disassemble phase of my project. I was hoping to get more done today but Texas summers and high humidity are not great for long out side projects and I had other things that I had to do.

I did get some work done; the only thing I am worried about is getting all the electrical connected back correctly :unsure: Well I guess I will worry about that when I start doing the assemble part of the project. :)

Well here are a couple of pictures, I am hoping to have the engine out and down to bare frame by next weekend. I will keep posting my progress and if there are any helpful tips please feel free to post them, I am greatful for any help that will stop me from jacking something up.

Don't know what it is but I am getting real attached to the old girl. ;) guess that is why I want to do everything the right way.

My First Rebuild Project. 03 Sep 2007 12:50 #168266

• Hawk_77336
  • User
Well I got it down to the frame. I just found out that one of my friends has a sand blaster and told me that I could use it if I bought the sand, I told him that sound like a good deal to me and I would get him a couple of bags for letting me use it. I will post some pictures when I get it sand blasted and painted.

• Page: