Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

It is on the road finally...KZ750 18 Aug 2007 05:07 #164600

• scorpio
  • scorpio's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi guys, I've finniched the bike finally...well I have to work on the details but most of the work is done. Maybe you still remember my first post a year ago? No ? Ok here is the story again...A year ago I've bought one KZ750 motorbike in really bad condition - you'll see that on the pics bellow. When i disassembled the engine - I saw that one of piston connection rods is bent (and many, many other problems of coarse) and I was not able to find one rod here in Bulgaria...I did my best searching, but with no success, it seemed that this part can't be found here in my country. Then i wrote a desperate post here, asking if somebody can send me connection rod and pin for the piston and i will pay for that favour...just i had no money for a new one from Japan or something like that. And now - the second reason of writing this post (except to show you the bike) - I want to send my special thanks to Jefferson Morgan (trippivot) who spend part of his time and money to help me - he is the guy that sent me a rod, a piston, a pin and valves seals. Thanks Jeff! You are the man who made this project possible. No way for me to find these parts here.
Now it is time for some pics...just keep in mind that all about this project is done with very short budget and all is done by me. Maybe it can be better but not with the resouces I had.

The bike BEFORE...

The bike AFTER...with "slightly" changed design :)

If you are interested in what were the problems I've solved and technical stuff - tell me, and I'll let you know...I write it short now, cause I respect your time ;)
Thanks to all the people who helped me with info here.

Post edited by: kzrider, at: 2007/08/18 09:50

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

It is on the road finally...KZ750 18 Aug 2007 05:15 #164602

• gpzrox
  • User
1) Yes, people like Trippivot make this world a little better (and I don't know him). Props to you, sir.

2) There are so many things I like on that bike -- I love the pics. Thanks very much.

3) Thats it. I've had it. I'm moving overseas. They get some very cool stuff. And I want in on it.
84 GPZ750. Modded with stock Kawasaki parts: ZR-7 shock, ZX-6 coils, GPZ1100 throttle, EN454 brake, GPZ900 fuse box, etc. and non stock: Ken Sears mirrors, K&N filter, Pirelli Sport Demons.

It is on the road finally...KZ750 18 Aug 2007 05:44 #164604

• The Gringo
  • User
  • ¡Usted no necesita otra motocicleta!
  • Thank you received: 11
I for one am duly impressed. What year and model did you start with? Based on the wheels and the dual rear shocks I'm gonna guess it was an 82 GPZ750? That you were able to accomplish all that in Bulgaria and on a limited budget is amazing! Nice work. The bodywork looks to be from a later model Kaw what type of bike was the donor of the plastics?
Andy
Akron, Ohio
80 Z-1 Classic-Sold
84 GPZ1100
79 KZ 1000 LTD
78 KZ 1000 A2
77 KZ 1000 LTD-Sold
76 KZ 900 The definition of a barn find
76 KZ 900-Sold gone to Denmark
KZ 750 times 3, KZ 650 times 8 Sold 1 down to 7
KZ 550 times 2 80 440LTD-Sold
81 CSR 305-Sold 81 Yamaha XS650 Special

It is on the road finally...KZ750 18 Aug 2007 06:09 #164607

• JR
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 435
Scorpio, you did an amazing job ! Please post more pics and yes tell us where the tank and seat and all the other bits came from.
1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust

It is on the road finally...KZ750 18 Aug 2007 06:11 #164608

• scorpio
  • User
I'm glad that you like the motorbike. On its papers is written GPz750 with '91 year of first registration. But nobody is sure what exactly happened to that bike...and I think the frame and the engine are not from one and the same bike (diring to strange combination of the VINumbers). But you may think of it as something like GPz750 model '83...
The plastics are from Suzuki, at least most of it, but I don't know the exact model because i just bought them like that, sorry. Maybe somebody who have seen lots of bikes can say what are the tank and the plastics from.
Interesting things I've done on it are:
1. Put intake valves from Opel Vectra - just needed the stems to be 7mm - other changed on the lathe
2. Made piston rings from special cast iron, 1.5 mm thick, and made the piston notches for the rings wider to fit these slightly thicker rings, because the original notches (im not sure what the right word is) were little worn, but it was not possible to find new pistons here - i made the rings wider. Good was that the parameters of the pistons, and the cylinders were good - they were not worn.
3. Made new ignition timing cam, because the original one was broken
4. Made handlebars and it's assembly
And many many more...
Thank you for the good words people.
Two more pics:

Post edited by: scorpio, at: 2007/08/18 10:00

It is on the road finally...KZ750 18 Aug 2007 08:31 #164627

• trippivot
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
wow that is a work of beauty and art!!!

I am so overwhelmed with happiness and honor.

I actually have a tears of joy in my eyes scorpio.

please be careful. here in IOWA bikes are very dangerous. I''m sure it is the same where you are too.

you must be so much more talented than anyone ever dreamed.

congradulations and salute !!!

keep the rubber side down!!

ride on!!
Attachments:

It is on the road finally...KZ750 18 Aug 2007 08:32 #164628

• trippivot
  • User
we are driven by the same force!!
Attachments:

It is on the road finally...KZ750 18 Aug 2007 12:40 #164661

• scorpio
  • User
Thank you trippivot. Are all of these bikes yours ? Gotta be very cool if so. I forgot to mention that most of the work is done with the great help of my father who is an engineer mechanic.
I'm very happy that you people like the bike. It took me a year to make it this way...and as I said above - there is still work to be done...Oil leaks from some places, becaus I can't get original gaskets...but I think I can make something if I find proper materials, but the main problem is the gasket of the cylinders' head (which is taken off and then back on several times and that is not any good) and the seals of the crankshaft...don't know where from will I get that, but at least I saw that it is going to run...maybe next season the bike will be 100% finished.
I forgot to tell JR that the rear seat is the one that I got with this plastic tail (from kinda suzuki as i think, unfortunatly I'm not sure), but the front one is made from a roof of a Volkswagen Golf :) Needs some work on it, but enough for now...

Post edited by: scorpio, at: 2007/08/18 15:46

It is on the road finally...KZ750 18 Aug 2007 15:40 #164690

• pyxen
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
it looks like the back end of a mid-80s H^@#! VFR750..
84 KZ550-F2 LTD
93 ZR550-B4

It is on the road finally...KZ750 19 Aug 2007 07:50 #164826

• trippivot
  • User
yes scorpio all the bikes in the picture are mine.
my life passion is all about fixing tunning ... all that jazz

I am constantly buying selling trading blah blah blah

few people can do what I do with ease I'm not saying that I am special but I guess I'm a motorcycle whisperer.
you are too!! proof is when you have the pictures from start to finish dirty pieces-to-a complete wheelie rocket machine

It is on the road finally...KZ750 19 Aug 2007 13:48 #164880

• scorpio
  • User
Yeah, I think I know what you are talking about. We are really driven by the same force :)

• Page: