• Page:

TOPIC:

newbbie 05 Jun 2007 03:22 #146422

• jus1975
  • jus1975's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • www.tripleaperformance.com
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm new to the older bikes. I have a zx-12 but I have always loved the old kz's and z1's. I wa interested in purchasing one but I dont know what year and model to buy. I wanted to update the front suspension and the I know someone that can modify the rear to mono shock. I want to go with a big wheel and tire combo out back, such as, 250 or bigger. I noticed in the new 2wheel tuner it had an 81 and a 76. I wanted to know if some models a easier to go the route I want to take. Can you help me out. What are the differences? I saw an 80 model fuel injected kz that I would like to buy. What do you think?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

newbbie 05 Jun 2007 06:17 #146455

• IowaKZ
  • User
  • '80 G1 Classic
  • Thank you received: 5
Lot's of questions. Others are better to answer than me except for the last one. I have a '80 fuel injected KZ1000 (G1 Classic). I am still running the EFI as are a couple others on the site. Mine is working fine as is one other (The Gringo), but most of the rest of the people on the site have coverted to carbs. Seems there were problems with the systems on this model. I know that its not tunable and can crap out without warning. If you buy it and covert to carbs, there are probably a few people that would line up to buy the parts just to keep as spares.

Not much of an answer, but maybe a little more info.:laugh:

Good luck, hopefully someone else will fill in some more blanks for you.

Also, welcome to the site.;)
1980 G1 Classic
Bettendorf, Iowa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: