Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

What else would YOU do to this? 01 Jun 2007 12:07 #145525

• Bad Kaw
  • User
  • Flying Squirell
  • Thank you received: 13
wireman wrote:

the whole question and post seems kind of a waste to me.you ask for ideas,then people give em to ya and ya shoot em down!id say make it simple stand back and look it over and build it the way you like it,youre paying for it and riding it;) now what exacty are you blowing by?:whistle: :P<br><br>Post edited by: wireman, at: 2007/06/01 12:25

+1
Why don't you tell us what YOU were thinking about doint to it!...you'll get nothing but support, or the occassional friendly criticism, around here. ;)
78 Kawasaki Z1R
81 Kawasaki KZ1000J (mods)
82 Kawasaki ELR Clone (1000 J)
82 Kawasaki KZ750R1/GPz750 ELR-ed
70 Kawasaki KV75
83 Honda CB1100F (few mods)
79 Suzuki GS1000 (rolling frame / project / junk)
84 Suzuki GS1150ES (modified project)
83 Yamaha XJ900R (project / junk)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What else would YOU do to this? 02 Jun 2007 10:27 #145687

• zmaniscalco
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
nice bike, looks like it is ready to ride.......
78 kZ1000
79 KZ1000 Ltd turbo

What else would YOU do to this? 02 Jun 2007 19:31 #145778

• Wildh2oskier
  • User
I'd chop the hell out of it. The whole KZ cafe racer thing is turning very cliche very quickly.
www.ironcross.net/runnin%20free/wpe9.jpg

What else would YOU do to this? 02 Jun 2007 20:46 #145795

• kawtoy
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
Please whatever you decide to do promise us that you will not turn it into a bike like the one in the link above. A nice cafe job will always be cool. The thing in that link wasn't cool to begin with and will still not be cool in 10 years. I think you should just ride it for a while and see how it feels to you. Then you can decide if you need more power, better handling, louder or quiter pipes, different paint and so on. The bike will talk to you and tell you what it wants to be, you just have to listen. It might want to stay just like it is. Ride it for a while and see what it has to say.
Harley Davidson- Turning gas into noise without the harmful affects of horsepower for over 100 years.

What else would YOU do to this? 03 Jun 2007 10:36 #145883

• sheik*yerbouti
  • User
Wildh2oskier wrote:

I'd chop the hell out of it. The whole KZ cafe racer thing is turning very cliche very quickly.

VS....

Puuleeze.......

That bobber is wretched... I've seen nice bobbers, that ain't one of them pardner...

What else would YOU do to this? 03 Jun 2007 10:47 #145890

• violentvintagecycles
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
to me a motorcycle is supposed to be a mix of fine handling and horsepower. A chopper is not an example of what a bike should be. Why buy or build a bike that diminishes the handling of what a bike should be? To me the whole chopper thing is ridiculous..Put these chopper guys on a sportbike and they'll be on their asses with the bike pulling a wheelie down the block.. All those chopper shows on TLC, if you wanna impress me, build a sportbike from the ground up.

What else would YOU do to this? 03 Jun 2007 23:00 #146086

• badboie
  • User
Id say... do what YOU want to do to it. its your bike. Even if everyone else thinks it might be butt ass ugly. if you like what you did then who cares. I personaly like the cafe and streetfighter conversion look but to each their own. Also though if you think about it, just like a car the amount of money you end up putting into your bike, when you want to sell it you never get that back... maybe only a fraction of it so in other words since its already in great shape as it is... "if it ain't broke, why fix it?"

What else would YOU do to this? 04 Jun 2007 03:27 #146099

• Wildh2oskier
  • User
I can't get the pics to work right so here is the link to what I did to mine.
The before pic
kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_ponygal...&func=detail&id=1129
Then the after
kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_ponygal...&func=detail&id=1123
And that is just $400 removed from where I started.
I can't get the new pics resized so that they will fit on here. So I can't show the lastest version of it but it involves changing out the exhaust and seat. My additional cost..... $0.00. If I wanted a cafe racer I'd find an old GPZ and hub it out. The whole cafe concept is completely stale. But as you pointed out so is the chopper (that was quite an ugly one I found though wasn't it :) )
The cool factor comes into play based on you doing what you want to do to it.

What else would YOU do to this? 04 Jun 2007 05:27 #146116

• Snakebyte
  • User
Upgrade the front brakes to dual disc, put new rear shocks on, ditch the sheild, and add one that looks like one out of the mad max movie. Loks like a clean bike.

What else would YOU do to this? 04 Jun 2007 06:30 #146132

• slickware
  • slickware's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • My bike is as old as I am
  • Thank you received: 2
Fronts are actually already dual disc. I thought about a smaller windshield, because i DO like the looks of them, but here in Massachusetts there's a LOT of cold-riding time, and I like to get out there whenever I can, so I went with a shield that gives my fingers some protection from the freezing wind!

How hard are rear shocks to put on? What are the advantages doing that?

And, I wasn't trying to 'shoot down' anyone's ideas - I DO want to know what you'd do if it were your bike, but I also wanted some ideas on what I could do to it that would keep in line with what I'm looking for, which is a fast-yet-comfortable cruising ride. A cafe racer, while awesome looking, doesn't do me any good in a town that spends $0 on winter sand removal. Our streets are STILL covered in leftover sand from the last snowstorm we had in February! Very dangerous! One of my good friends has a new Honda CBR 1000 and he still hasn't taken it out of storage becuase he doesn't want it to get dinged up!

Pic of the dual discs:

Post edited by: slickware, at: 2007/06/04 09:30

1982 KZ1100 Spectre
Old. Shiny.
Attachments:

What else would YOU do to this? 04 Jun 2007 07:38 #146147

• ejshotgun
  • User
Ride the Hell out of IT!!!!

What else would YOU do to this? 06 Jun 2007 09:48 #146870

• Snakebyte
  • User
not hard at all. Just 2 bolts on the bottom and swing the arm down some take the two nuts off at the top slide them off put new ones on.