Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

1000 progress report. 13 Jan 2007 18:24 #105488

• DaytonaMC
  • DaytonaMC's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • You keep for your collection, I know you like it.
  • Thank you received: 0
so here are some pictures of my recent developments on the 1000. now that i have the motor off of my work bench i can start bending tubing for my frame.

here is the motor work first.

next the cbrkz tree swap

look at that weld.
that is about it. i got a lot of work to do if i am going to have it for bike week. tell me what you think so far.[/color]

Post edited by: DaytonaMC, at: 2007/01/13 21:25
I must remove my skin.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1000 progress report. 13 Jan 2007 18:26 #105490

• DaytonaMC
  • User
i am sorry the pictures are so big, i guess i should have resized them.

1000 progress report. 14 Jan 2007 02:09 #105531

• wireman
  • Visitor
well ive tried keeping quiet since seeing your swingarm pictures but now that i see the triple tree pictures ive got to say im kinda worried about what im seeing as far as the welding goes.looks like a serious lack of penetration to me.are you using one of those 110v mig welders?they are good for welding lightweight materials but you need something that burns a lot hotter for what you are trying to weld,id reccomend a shop with a good welder for welding your structural stuff and try practicing on smaller less stressed pieces ;)

1000 progress report. 15 Jan 2007 05:34 #105749

• DaytonaMC
  • User

well ive tried keeping quiet since seeing your swingarm pictures but now that i see the triple tree pictures ive got to say im kinda worried about what im seeing as far as the welding goes.looks like a serious lack of penetration to me.are you using one of those 110v mig welders?they are good for welding lightweight materials but you need something that burns a lot hotter for what you are trying to weld,id reccomend a shop with a good welder for welding your structural stuff and try practicing on smaller less stressed pieces

actually i had a professional do the machining and, the welding. now as far as the swingarm goes, the swingarm is going to be gone so, there will not be that crappy welding. i was using a flux cored welder for the extension of the swingarm. i have however, and have a 220v mig with argon. it should work nicely. the welds on the triple tree were done by a really good weldor/machinist so i trust the work. i appreciate your concern tho.

• Page: