Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New Member Bike Build 10 Jan 2007 14:55 #104795

• monzaguy
  • monzaguy's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
high guys from the great white north. Been hard at work on my FIRST ever bike. Own a 1980 KZ440 that I got at a garage sale this summer.Waz running on one cylinder and realy looking her age, no dought brought on by previous owners having left her outside year round. The rattle can blue paint job (with bulldog decals)was the first to go.I painted her a flip flop purple which changes to bluish gold with greenishbrown, well sort of depending on where the light hits her.While stripping and painting and waiting ,I sent the seat out for reupholstery.Got it back in time for Xmas.Motor needs bearings,cam,sprockets,and chain.Rebuilt the forks and tossed the cracked dust boots and seals.Stripped frame to bare metal and gave that agood coat of 97% zink primer.Havent made a desision on what color to use on it yet.Wife says use up the rest of the flip flop,but I may just go with basic black.Any ideas guys? Still have the rims to do as well,....but this is a Winter project.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Member Bike Build 11 Jan 2007 17:04 #105033

• rstnick
  • User
  • Thank you received: 376
Welcome monzaguy, from another Great White Northian.

Gotta have some before and after pics of your project.

Black frame is always good. I don't like bright colors on a kz frame that jump out at you. You could try the flip flop purple, as it might blend in with the rest of the bike, and you already have the paint.

Add your bike info and location to your signature at the bottom. Lets others know where you are and which bike your refering to.
Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

New Member Bike Build 11 Jan 2007 17:40 #105045

• pumps
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
Well if you decide to change colors on the body work or a buy a second set to change the look, the purple frame might clash a bit. Black goes with everything...It would be a bit more difficult to tear it down to change the color of the frame again.:)
And Welcome , We MUST have some pictures..maybe you could start a thread over in the projects forum? Give us updates as you do them? So we can tell you what a good job you are doing?And how cool it looks?B)
Check out our site. kcvjmc.org
1977 Yamaha XS650
2000 Kaw W650
2 KZ440 LTDs , a 79 KZ400H and an 83 Belt Drive

New Member Bike Build 11 Jan 2007 17:57 #105052

• OKC_Kent
  • User
  • Thank you received: 20
I have painted my frame with Rustoleum gloss black and it is tough enough and looks very nice. Cheap as can be.
Oklahoma City, OK
78 KZ650 B2 82,000+ miles

New Member Bike Build 12 Jan 2007 02:32 #105122

• monzaguy
  • User
got a real problem guys.I cant seam to upload my pix.this is what I tried several times. Clicked on browse,opens my bike album,selected a pic,ThenI click OPEN on the bottom right hand of that window and click on [img] right beside the browse the green bar starts moving and when it stops ( NO PIX) have been up loaded or down loaded ?/>.<,*&^% What am I doing wrong? My kid said MAYBE this site is not formulated to accept my computors format? Anyway were workin on it so they say, while downloading the latest Rap, with MY credit card.Kids eh.Painted the frame today, not happy about it though.Had some paint left over from my P.T. so I thought why not? Tomorow Im scuff sanding and going (BLACK).Buddy saw it and says if the bike stays the P.T. color he won!t ride with me come summer.Nuff said.So Tomorrow its going back to black.

New Member Bike Build 12 Jan 2007 02:32 #105123

• monzaguy
  • User
got a real problem guys.I cant seam to upload my pix.this is what I tried several times. Clicked on browse,opens my bike album,selected a pic,ThenI click OPEN on the bottom right hand of that window and click on [img] right beside the browse the green bar starts moving and when it stops ( NO PIX) have been up loaded or down loaded ?/>.<,*&^% What am I doing wrong? My kid said MAYBE this site is not formulated to accept my computors format? Anyway were workin on it so they say, while downloading the latest Rap, with MY credit card.Kids eh.Painted the frame today, not happy about it though.Had some paint left over from my P.T. so I thought why not? Tomorow Im scuff sanding and going (BLACK).Buddy saw it and says if the bike stays the P.T. color he won!t ride with me come summer.Nuff said.So Tomorrow its going back to black.

• Page: