Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Long time Z-1/KZ1000 rider here 14 Dec 2006 17:07 #99642

• Seventhfleet
  • Seventhfleet's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I bought my first Z-1 in 1975 and it was a new Z-1B which I traded for a new 77 KZ1000LTD which I still own. In fact I own five nice KZ1000s. They are two 77 LTDs, a 78 LTD and a 78 standard KZ1000 with spoke wheels, as well as a 79 KZ1000LTD. I had an 80 KZ1000LTD but I sold it for an obscene profit when I needed more room in my then to small shop building. I have since built a 46x40 insulated steel building to keep my motorcycles in.

I own 17 bikes, the oldest being a cherry 68 Triumph TR-6R and the newest being an 05 KLR-650, which is the one that get ridden the most these days.

All of my KZ's are in excellent running condition and my original 77 LTD is my favorite bike out of them all. It's in showroom condition with 12k miles on it and I will own this bike for the rest of my life. If push came to shove the rest of them could go and I wouldn't grieve over them too much, well except for my TR-6R, I'd hate to have to get rid of it.

I've been riding since 1964 and I learned to ride on Yamahas back in 64. I rode a 65 Yamaha 250cc Big Bear Scrambler home on leave back to Alabama in March of 65, from San Franscio to Birmingham. When I got back from Vietnam on my last tour in 66 and got out of the Navy, I traded that Yamaha for a clean 64 Triumph TR-6R. I later traded the TR-6R for a new 67 Triumph T120 Bonneville.

I am a recently retired police chief with 30 years wearing the badge and now that I'm retired, I have plenty of time to work on my bikes and do whatever I want to do and darned little that I don't want to do...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: