Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Im new here and need some help please 10 Jul 2018 23:46 #786747

• They Who Prevail
  • They Who Prevail's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi i am new to the forum. Long story here back in 2004 my dad and i were driving through town and noticed a old bike in this guys shed it happeded to be a 1977 kz750B with only 8000 miles he was the second owner and he had a stroke and coulnt ride it some 14 years prior. There was gas left in it for 14 years!.!!...!! Anyway we pick it up for 100$ and had it running after 2 hours. Polished everything i could rebuilt the front forks. New tires plugs had to cream coat the gastank. Lots of other work. I recently acquired my 77 kz750 twin back from my brother who i sold it to when he was hard up for a ride. Needless to say it came back in horrible shape. He lost the left side cover tore the seat up lost a front bottom right fender mount now the speedo doesnt work just beat it up. Now it has 15k miles... Anyway He claims it was idling in the driveway and locked up. I started tearing it down from the top down needs another head gasket anyway. Everything in the top end is fine can yall guess??? Starter clutch bolt backed out and ping. All three i could spin with my finger not good so i proceeded to inspect and come to find the inner housing assembly that holds the 3 springs and pins and rollers is cracked.... I need someone to please tell me where i can acquire a whole new unit. Any help is greatly appreciated i will attach pics of my progress. Thank you!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Im new here and need some help please 11 Jul 2018 00:04 #786748

• Warren3200gt
  • User
  • Thank you received: 655
Welcome, if your in the UK zpower or if your in the USA z1.enterprises should both be able to help you out.

Z1000J2 somewhat modified!

Im new here and need some help please 11 Jul 2018 00:19 #786750

• They Who Prevail
  • User
Thank you Warren i am in the USA i tried to call z1 today around 1300 eastern and no answer i cant seem to find the particular part on their website i am also in need of the left side cover green and a gasket set. Any suggestions? The first gasket i purchased was ok quality but not the best. I will be doing a full frame restoration on this bike. Need pipes alot of other things that fell off.... The local kow dealer has fell off his rocker finally (if ya know what i mean) i tried to talk to him and he had no idea said my bike doesnt exist... Ok... So any suggestions are greatly appreciated thanks again! B)

Im new here and need some help please 11 Jul 2018 00:26 #786751

• Warren3200gt
  • User
If the sun was out they were probably out riding if they are anything like the guys over here in the UK, we don't get much sun :( Keep trying. I know for sure that zpower over here has the complete starter clutch if its the same as a z650 one, which is likely. From memory its around £100.00. They will ship to the US. They also have repop panels and gasket sets.
www.z-power.co.uk/search/products?keywords=starter+clutch

Big bits like exhausts etc, ebay is your best hope. just had a look at this recent thread with 750 bits for sale kzrider.com/kunena/23-for-sale/607892-to...arts-and-a-few-bikes

Last edit: by Warren3200gt.

Im new here and need some help please 11 Jul 2018 07:41 #786768

• They Who Prevail
  • User
I did find the starter clutch on zpower i wasnt sure of tbe web sites authenticity it looked too good to be true seeing that some guy on ebay is selling a used one for 240$. This is the first forum i have ever became a member of and am already enjoying it thanks for the hospitality Warren. I do also have a 1967 Norton 850 commando my dad and i did a full frame restoration on and there is a 68 Norton 850 commando electric start in peices in his garage waiting to come back to life. My whole family liked the look and reliability of english bikes. My cousin has an old Triumph Bonneville t100 sitting around i may get off him. 1 up 3 down.

Im new here and need some help please 11 Jul 2018 09:09 #786771

• Warren3200gt
  • User
you don't have to worry about the authenticity of Z Power, the guys there are top notch and well known here in the UK as the first port of call for z bits. Another to bookmark is Siasie.com, another guy in the UK, Dave there will help you out every time. His and z powers and z1 enterprises are not always the easiest sites to find things on but I normally just give them a call and they have never let me or any of the guys I know down.

Oddly enough I'm not a big fan of Brit bikes even though I live here. I think I was born a decade to late to catch that particular bug but was heavily infected by Zeds in the mid 70's in my teens.

• Page: