Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New Here... 13 Apr 2007 01:39 #129540

• Burning_Ambition
  • Burning_Ambition's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Just thought it appropriate to post here first, love the pics and various threads I've been looking through. Great forum for the one baddest of the bad

I do not own a KZ yet but first in line ahead of an old 750 twin is a 1982 KZ1000 LTD with low miles at an incredible price. There are things about the LTD that don't really appeal to me the way a box-stock Z1R does but she's a neat piece and I'm looking forward to searching out pics and projects that will make this machine the one I buy. I grew up on Mean Green KX and KDX off-road stuff and the current U.S. offerings just don't offer what I desire. When I was a kid in the early 80's we had a many neighbor on built KZ's running wheelie bars up and down my street nearly every night, free show that couldn't be beat. Well tuned 650's did all I'd ever need.

My friends that ride are Harley folk, no offense to their choice but I just get wood from a Kerker'd KZ and I think most have a timeless style and endless potential. I dig the the thought of a built 'retro-ride' that can do all they do and more. I've ridden enough bikes to know they all have their fun factor, for me a Kawasaki KZ 1000 is my goal. A sweet 750/900/1000Police or 1100 is my goal.

Cheers, be safe, and enjoy. Hopefully within a few posts I'll have pics of a starter KZ!:evil: Glad to see the alliance of brothers (and Sisters) who still dig these beautiful machines, I hope to be a full member by mid-summer with one of my own.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Here... 13 Apr 2007 02:04 #129542

• customkzft
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
welcome to the happy home of nappy headed hoe's and pro's. ooopps. please don't suspend me!

New Here... 13 Apr 2007 04:31 #129560

• N0NB
  • User
  • Blue handles better
  • Thank you received: 19
Welcome aboard!

Let it be known that you're looking for a bike and you'll likely receive an offer. I know what you mean about the HOGs and their copies not doing it for you.

While waiting to get that first bike, sign yourself up for the MSF Beginning Rider course. Some parts will be boring since you've ridden before, but others contain valuable street skills. Good luck and happy wrenching/riding.
Nate

Nates vintage bike axiom: Riding is the reward for time spent wrenching.
Murphys corollary: Wrenching is the result of time spent riding.

1979 KZ650 (Complete!)
1979 KZ650 SR (Sold!)
1979 KL250 (For sale)
1994 Bayou 400 (four wheel peel :D )

New Here... 13 Apr 2007 05:56 #129580

• davenkids2001
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
customkzft wrote:

welcome to the happy home of nappy headed hoe's and pro's. ooopps. please don't suspend me!

I Mus be seein' things...
Dave and Janet
Great Lake State
1979 650SR

New Here... 13 Apr 2007 08:02 #129617

• wireman
  • Visitor
welcome to z-jungle;)

• Page: